Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had 4 hours of lessons so far and it’s really good I like my instructor as well we get on fine, I have prepaid 10hours but I’m not using it cause he’s been booked for intensive course and this is delaying my plans. For 34 hours in total it will cost me £860ish including the driving test which should be fine to pass but might take too long looking at things now plus the test waiting times

However I could book an intensive 20 hour lesson for £500 with a different driving school and this price includes driving test as well , if I add this up to the 14 hours I have already spent on, it will 34 hours in total for £820 including driving test and potentially quicker lessons meaning I could pass before December hopefully.

What do you think? Should i book an intensive for £500 outside while still taking the 10 hours to rack up a total of 34 hours I could also ask the prepaid 10 hours to be refunded so I get 24 hours total for 600ish?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolto)
    I have had 4 hours of lessons so far and it’s really good I like my instructor as well we get on fine, I have prepaid 10hours but I’m not using it cause he’s been booked for intensive course and this is delaying my plans. For 34 hours in total it will cost me £860ish including the driving test which should be fine to pass but might take too long looking at things now plus the test waiting times

However I could book an intensive 20 hour lesson for £500 with a different driving school and this price includes driving test as well , if I add this up to the 14 hours I have already spent on, it will 34 hours in total for £820 including driving test and potentially quicker lessons meaning I could pass before December hopefully.

What do you think? Should i book an intensive for £500 outside while still taking the 10 hours to rack up a total of 34 hours I could also ask the prepaid 10 hours to be refunded so I get 24 hours total for 600ish?
    Honestly it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to get the money refunded as most of these things won’t give you any money back for whatever reason. So I’d factor that into any plans.
    Do you have a car or a car you will be able to use once you’ve passed, if not what’s the rush as you won’t be able to build up much experience and may end up forgetting most of what you learnt if you go for the intensive Route (I know people who did an intensive course years ago, passed and haven’t driven since)
    Also is paying out the full course in one go instead of splitting the course going to stretch your budget at all.
    Not to doubt your talent but say you don’t pass on the intensive course, do they offer you another test included, is it guaranteed pass? These are questions it’s worth finding out the answer to. As well as checking the companies reputation and success rate.

All of this said intensive courses can be good as long as you have the time to commit to them and truly believe you can concentrate for that long. Driving for hours is tiring.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    Honestly it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to get the money refunded as most of these things won’t give you any money back for whatever reason. So I’d factor that into any plans.
    Do you have a car or a car you will be able to use once you’ve passed, if not what’s the rush as you won’t be able to build up much experience and may end up forgetting most of what you learnt if you go for the intensive Route (I know people who did an intensive course years ago, passed and haven’t driven since)
    Also is paying out the full course in one go instead of splitting the course going to stretch your budget at all.
    Not to doubt your talent but say you don’t pass on the intensive course, do they offer you another test included, is it guaranteed pass? These are questions it’s worth finding out the answer to. As well as checking the companies reputation and success rate.

All of this said intensive courses can be good as long as you have the time to commit to them and truly believe you can concentrate for that long. Driving for hours is tiring.

All the best
    This is very true, I have booked the driving test for december which i can still cancel for a full refund, and i have from now till december to get at least 30 hours of lesson from a known instructor but i dont know if he can provide 30n hours since hes booked a lot.

i have arranged an assessment with one of the intensive course schools with a good reputation and pass rate, i think i will just see how we get on and he will let me know if i should stick with taking 30 leassons or i can do an intensive just so i can take the test i have booked and it doesnt become a waste.

i feel like im confident behind the wheel my previouse lessons were straight forward nd quick with 1 stall per lessons which wasn't my fault cause i normally speak everything i sy to kinda guide myself through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolto)
    This is very true, I have booked the driving test for december which i can still cancel for a full refund, and i have from now till december to get at least 30 hours of lesson from a known instructor but i dont know if he can provide 30n hours since hes booked a lot.

i have arranged an assessment with one of the intensive course schools with a good reputation and pass rate, i think i will just see how we get on and he will let me know if i should stick with taking 30 leassons or i can do an intensive just so i can take the test i have booked and it doesnt become a waste.

i feel like im confident behind the wheel my previouse lessons were straight forward nd quick with 1 stall per lessons which wasn't my fault cause i normally speak everything i sy to kinda guide myself through it
    That makes sense then. Sounds like you’ve thought it out far more than some people do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.