vinayvaria
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When you choose your GCSE Options, do you still take biology, chemistry & physics as normal or do you have to choose whether to do Triple or Double Science. I am top set for Science, English, Maths and PE. My school say that you have do triple science if you are in top set but I still do not know if you have to pick Triple or Double Science or just study Biology, Chemistry & Physics like you do in KS3.
Chelsea A
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you don’t pick triple Science, you’ll be doing double science. However with being in the top set for science, I would recommend giving triple science a try. (double science is the first 2 units of biology, chemistry and physics and triple is all of it, if I remember correctly.)
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vinayvaria)
When you choose your GCSE Options, do you still take biology, chemistry & physics as normal or do you have to choose whether to do Triple or Double Science. I am top set for Science, English, Maths and PE. My school say that you have do triple science if you are in top set but I still do not know if you have to pick Triple or Double Science or just study Biology, Chemistry & Physics like you do in KS3.
Double science you get 2 GCSEs in science Triple science you get 3 GCSEs in chem bio phys
postlikeastudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The only difference between triple and double is the amount of things you learn for each topic, so if you choose double science you'll still study bio, chem and phys just less of it than if you were to do triple, if that makes sense? If you're too set I'd try triple because you can decide right up until the day if you want to sit the triple or double science paper, well you can in my school anyway
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by postlikeastudent)
The only difference between triple and double is the amount of things you learn for each topic, so if you choose double science you'll still study bio, chem and phys just less of it than if you were to do triple, if that makes sense? If you're too set I'd try triple because you can decide right up until the day if you want to sit the triple or double science paper, well you can in my school anyway
That's not the case in the new specs - the Combined/double papers are completely different than the Triple papers. It's not like in the old spec when Triple students just did the B/C/P3 exams on top of Unit 1 and 2.
m_serroukh7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, its Mahdi from Ashmead who is now in year 9 at mandeville Remember me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.09%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.61%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.43%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed