Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm 16 and as a child I used to suck my thumb and i only stopped doing it when I was about 12 and now I have overbite as a result, a narrow smile (don't know if that is anything to do with the thumb sucking) and when I was about 9/10 I fell and chipped my front tooth which was fixed with a crown but it seems to have slanted itself towards the other front tooth and part of the bottom half has kinda came off and I'd like the two teeth made shorter as I think they're longer than the other teeth.

    I'm really self conscious about this, I've heard of jaw surgery, can I get this on the NHS to widen my smile and to correct the overbite?

    I just really really need to get this fixed now, it really makes me feel depressed and i know that seems like a ridiculous thing to get depressed about but I just can't help it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.