Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get really anxious about exams due to taking them in such a huge room with so many people. I've mentioned it at school and have been told I need a letter from my gp and then I can sit it in a smaller room away from most people.

The anxiety stops me from sleeping, eating gives me panic attacks but with a few months of finishing the exams most of it goes. Can I still get a letter about it?

ReputationRep:
    When are you sitting them? Are they GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TayaMH)
    I get really anxious about exams due to taking them in such a huge room with so many people. I've mentioned it at school and have been told I need a letter from my gp and then I can sit it in a smaller room away from most people.

The anxiety stops me from sleeping, eating gives me panic attacks but with a few months of finishing the exams most of it goes. Can I still get a letter about it?
    Yes, it definitely sounds debilitating enough to warrant a letter from your GP.

ReputationRep:

Hi there, get your parents to write a letter to the headteacher explaining your problem, as they do have a duty of care. Plus, they wouldn't want their results ruined by you panicking, would they?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

A change in exam arrangements are usually simple to arrange. It's an application for mitigating circumstances that's more tricky.

Your exam anxiety sounds acute. Go to your GP and get yourself that letter. You don't want to put yourself at a disadvantage on those dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)
    When are you sitting them? Are they GCSE's?
    Yes, they're GCSEs. I think I'm sitting them in June.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they're GCSEs. I think I'm sitting them in June.
    yup if you're in year 10 now, you'll be sitting them from mid-may time, but it's best to get it sorted early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
    Hi there, get your parents to write a letter to the headteacher explaining your problem, as they do have a duty of care. Plus, they wouldn't want their results ruined by you panicking, would they?
    A letter from parents is unlikely to be sufficient - you have no idea how many parents demand that their child has to have a room on its own when the school has seen no evidence of need. It needs some form of unbiased support that the OP is unable to cope with large venues.

ReputationRep:
    Alright DON't Worry you will get used to it after countless number of mocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)
    Alright DON't Worry you will get used to it after countless number of mocks
    I doubt that, I've taken my english lang gcse and many mocks already each resulted in panic attacks and anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
    Sorry for the slow reply, my parents are completely unaware of everything and I doubt my school would let me without a paid letter from the doctor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.