Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to this and have no idea where to even start. I have a sheet with 20 circles and i'm supposed to do the following....

Activity 1

Task: Complete these atom shells for the first 20 elements on the periodic table of elements:

please help an old man lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by riyazk)
    I'm new to this and have no idea where to even start. I have a sheet with 20 circles and i'm supposed to do the following....

Activity 1

Task: Complete these atom shells for the first 20 elements on the periodic table of elements:

Hi there, sorry to hear you're struggling.

You may find this helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I think that for every circle you have to plot it's electrons, you can draw them with an 'x', basically for every atom you have a big number and a small one, read the small one and draw as many X's as the number is, but you have to remember that for each shell there's a maximum electrons, so the first shell (circle) can have only 2, the second and all the ones after can take 4 per circle. hope you understand
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Activity 1

You have to do electronic configurations of all the elements (eg 2.8.8 = 18 electrons) and remember that the first shell can have a maximum of 2 electrons and the rest can have a maximum of 8. For the diagram just plot dots

ReputationRep:
    I meant 8 not 4 sorry

ReputationRep:

Activity 1

Do the electrons. It may only want outer shell but you can do up to 4 if you want to do them all only 2 on the first then 8,8,2

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thanks for the help!!!
    Just remember the inside shell gets filled first (2 electrons), then the next with 8, etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.