Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 9 and I’m really struggling on what to pick for my GCSE’s. I want to do something that’s creative and that. I just don’t seem to be good at it. Can you guys tell me some subjects that are creative.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So for creative subject you have art, dt, drama and food nutrition (but be warned, they all have a large element of theory) and there might be more like textiles if your school does it. However, I'd recommend having a balance of academic and creative subjects because a lot of my friends took all creative subjects and they're quite overwhelmed by the never ending work!! If you're unsure, go and ask your teachers what they think you'd be good at and don't be afraid to ask them what they think your weak points are in a subject, I think that would really have helped me when I was your age! Hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 currently, all I have to say is that if you take subjects, try to avoid the "three sciences, three humanities (Religion, History and Geog)" route, it gets super hard and depending on your capabilities, you may struggle. Instead, take that guy's advice and keep a good balance, maybe interlude an art or drama gcse instead of history. Good luck and best wishes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina2004)
    I am in year 9 and I’m really struggling on what to pick for my GCSE’s. I want to do something that’s creative and that. I just don’t seem to be good at it. Can you guys tell me some subjects that are creative.
    What is available at your school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina2004)
    depends what is available, but here is a few

music, drama, textiles, food tech, art, photography, product design and probably a few more.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There is music , drama , dance, art , photography, textiles, product design sadly we don’t have food tech

ReputationRep:
    We have hospitality though

ReputationRep:
    What I found in my school which was very populare was the "Humanity, Language, Creative" style of gcse choices, even I did this! So many would do either Geog or History for the humanity, French or Spanish for the language (depending on which one you've been learning in year 9) then a creative would be the ones people have listed above. With the creative choice just think about the skills involed ajd if they look good on a CV.
    eg Art = creative thinking
    Drama = confidence
    Tip from someone who did Art: DUDE IT TAKES UP SO MUCH OF YOUR TIME BE CAREFUL!!

ReputationRep:
    My 'creatives' were Drama, with an external in Music (I didn't do the lessons, just took the exam.)

I suppose it depends on what you do already; for example, if you don't play an instrument then Music wouldn't be a good choice.

If your exam boards are the same as mine then I don't mind talking about my experience of the courses?

ReputationRep:
    This has helped me so so much! Thanks guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.