Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

May plans to Reshuffle cabinet Watch

ReputationRep:
    According to the Times* , May plans to reshuffle her cabinet on October 20... and in my view about time too!

Boris is widely tipped to be sacked or demoted and a new intake of younger MPs are to be injected into the cabinet.

Personally I’d welcome something like this:

Priti Patel- Foreign Sec
    Adam Afriyae- Chancellor
    Michael Gove- First Secretary
    Dominic Raab- Home Secretary
    George Eustice International Trade
    Sarah Wollaston- Health
    Robert Halfon- Education
    Boris- Chairman
    Jeremy Hunt- Business
    Rory Stewart- Defence
    Jesse Norman - Justice
    Jacob Rees Mogg- Transport
    Zac Goldsmith- environment
    Andrea Leadsom- Work and Pensions

(The sharp eyed among you will notice that I’ve missed out international development, equalities and brexit Secretary...this is because I don’t see the point in them)

*https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...inkId=43247477

ReputationRep:

Has to be a troll

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...sues-goldsmith

ReputationRep:
    Heidi Allan should be promoted to Cabinet.

ReputationRep:
    I'd call for an overhaul of the political system so that we stop electing "career politicians" ie those whose CV after graduation just lists attempts to stand for a constituency at every election, even at those they've never lived inside.
    And I'd prefer the cabinet to actually have experience of their respective sectors e.g. the education Secretary having been headmaster/headmistress at a school or college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Heidi Allan should be promoted to Cabinet.
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)

Has to be a troll

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...sues-goldsmith
    What’s your point?

ReputationRep:
    Merely denoting Johnson, as has been reported today, would just highlight what a weak leader May is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    What’s your point?
    It's like putting Nigel Farage on the board of international development.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    It's like putting Nigel Farage on the board of international development.
    Not really.

Goldsmith belies in environmentalism and using the Governmdnt to protect the environment. His point is that rather than focussing exclusively on climate change we should take a more holistic approach towards the environment as a whole...there is a world if difference between that and the idea that it’s not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Merely denoting Johnson, as has been reported today, would just highlight what a weak leader May is.
    wrt Johnson Theresa May now has precisely one option. Ruin him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    According to the Times* , May plans to reshuffle her cabinet on October 20... and in my view about time too!

Boris is widely tipped to be sacked or demoted and a new intake of younger MPs are to be injected into the cabinet.

Priti Patel- Foreign Sec
    Adam Afriyae- Chancellor
    Sarah Wollaston- Health
    Robert Halfon- Education
    Boris- Chairman
    Jeremy Hunt- Business
    Rory Stewart- Defence
    Jesse Norman - Justice

(The sharp eyed among you will notice that I’ve missed out international development, equalities and brexit Secretary...this is because I don’t see the point in them)

Leadsom should be sacked. There's no reason to change the First Secretary. No point moving Hunt.

Charles Walker
    Esther McVey
    Jacob Reece Mogg
    Steven Crabb
    Nigel Evans
    Rory Stewart
    Robert Halfon
    Zac Goldsmith
    Kwasi Kwarteng
    Nadeem Zawahii
    James Cartlidge

These are the folks i would bring to cabinet with the priority sackings (for the sake of unity because they have been plotting.. Boris, Rudd and Javid).

I would keep Hammond in cabinet (he may not believe in Brexit but he is not disloyal per say and is actually fairly good) but shift him to the now vacated Home Sec spot since he'd view Business or Chief Sec as a demotion and he can't be foreign again while we are doing Brexit). I would put Gove back in Education and leave Hunt in Health. I'd give Crabb Javid's old job and with my vacancies in the Treasury and foreign i think i would make Mogg Chancellor and Stewart Foreign. I would keep the Brexit department with Davis in it, you underestimate how much work there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Leadsom should be sacked.
    Why?

There's no reason to change the First Secretary.
    That’s why I haven’t- he’s Mays right hand man and seems very likeable and popular.

No point moving Hunt.
    I think he’s earned a break tbh!

Charles Walker
    Esther McVey
    Jacob Reece Mogg
    Rory Stewart
    Robert Halfon
    Zac Goldsmith
    Kwasi Kwarteng
    James Cartlidge
    Agree with these ones.

These are the folks i would bring to cabinet with the priority sackings (for the sake of unity because they have been plotting.. Boris, Rudd and Javid).
    Don’t think Rudd’s been plotting- she doesn’t really need to .

I would keep Hammond in cabinet (he may not believe in Brexit but he is not disloyal per say and is actually fairly good) but shift him to the now vacated Home Sec spot since he'd view Business or Chief Sec as a demotion and he can't be foreign again while we are doing Brexit). I would put Gove back in Education and leave Hunt in Health. I'd give Crabb Javid's old job and with my vacancies in the Treasury and foreign i think i would make Mogg Chancellor and Stewart Foreign. I would keep the Brexit department with Davis in it, you underestimate how much work there is.
    Hammond has actually grown on me though I think he should go. It’s been amazing watching previously sensible Tories calling him a fiscal hawk as if that were an insult...

Gove in education... meh. He needs to do something about universities and back grammar schools.

Mogg as chancellor would be a site to behold. Love to see him and McDonnell go head to head.

I don’t underestimate Brexit for the reasons I voted Remain. Continuing talk is pointless I think unless we do a take it or leave it approach. The EU is (quite reasonably) protecting itself as the UK would if say Scotland decided to leave.

ReputationRep:

Priti Patel- Foreign Sec
    Adam Afriyae- Chancellor
    Sarah Wollaston- Health
    Robert Halfon- Education
    Boris- Chairman
    Jeremy Hunt- Business
    Rory Stewart- Defence
    Jesse Norman - Justice

Hope Mogg gets in. You mean shuffle, not reshuffle.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why?

That’s why I haven’t- he’s Mays right hand man and seems very likeable and popular.

I think he’s earned a break tbh!

Agree with these ones.

Don’t think Rudd’s been plotting- she doesn’t really need to .

Hammond has actually grown on me though I think he should go. It’s been amazing watching previously sensible Tories calling him a fiscal hawk as if that were an insult...

Gove in education... meh. He needs to do something about universities and back grammar schools.

Mogg as chancellor would be a site to behold. Love to see him and McDonnell go head to head.

I don’t underestimate Brexit for the reasons I voted Remain. Continuing talk is pointless I think unless we do a take it or leave it approach. The EU is (quite reasonably) protecting itself as the UK would if say Scotland decided to leave.
    She's talentless and is taking up a spot one of my picks could impress.

You put Gove as First Sec. :p:p

Any Tory who tries to reform the NHS is going to be horribly unpopular however any Tory government which does not try to reform the current greedy and fat NHS should be immediately thrown out. He's been reasonably good at actually pushing a few reforms and he clearly has it in him to stand up to the medical establishment. Little reason to change.

There's been talk that Rudd has been fighting Brexit and she's been linked to supporting Boris and Hammond albeit i'm not sure Hammond himself was really on manouvers.

Why should Hammond leave the cabinet? He's not hawkish enough on tax and spend but i do think he's one of the serious politicians.

Aye. I think he did a good job and should continue. Plus i like to keep politicians in the same positions, it's rare they ever get to deal with the consequences of their own policies.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    She's talentless and is taking up a spot one of my picks could impress.

You put Gove as First Sec. :p:p

Any Tory who tries to reform the NHS is going to be horribly unpopular however any Tory government which does not try to reform the current greedy and fat NHS should be immediately thrown out. He's been reasonably good at actually pushing a few reforms and he clearly has it in him to stand up to the medical establishment. Little reason to change.

There's been talk that Rudd has been fighting Brexit and she's been linked to supporting Boris and Hammond albeit i'm not sure Hammond himself was really on manouvers.

Why should Hammond leave the cabinet? He's not hawkish enough on tax and spend but i do think he's one of the serious politicians.

Aye. I think he did a good job and should continue. Plus i like to keep politicians in the same positions, it's rare they ever get to deal with the consequences of their own policies.
    The 'greedy NHS'?

How greedy it is being in wanting money to treat people...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    The 'greedy NHS'?

How greedy it is being in wanting money to treat people...
    The NHS gets a 4% budget increase each year (far ahead of GDP growth) and a decade ago was even getting as much as 9% increases. It is bloated and provides too many services requiring it to devour far too much taxpayer money.

Hymen replacements and transgender surgeries are not treating people.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The NHS gets a 4% budget increase each year (far ahead of GDP growth) and a decade ago was even getting as much as 9% increases. It is bloated and provides too many services requiring it to devour far too much taxpayer money.

It should be getting that.

ReputationRep:

And it should be there for the citizens of the country that pay for it, not the world. At least £1.5bn per year are lost from unclaimed fees on treatment for foreign nationals. Unless we take control of rapid population growth or redefine its purpose an awful lot more of taxpayers money will have to be ploughed into it just to keep the NHS afloat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    It should be getting that.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Just think, the overall NHS budget is £116.4 BILLION and employs 1 in 10 Brits. That is insane. I don’t care how left wing you are, this thing has gotten out of hand

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.