Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What societies are you a part of at uni? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've just started and recently joined the film society and a charity one called Coppafeel where they raise money, and run events and awareness campaigns about breast cancer, and I'm looking to join maybe one more once I'm a bit more settled in with my timetable. How about you?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking to join the engineering society. But I am already busy with assignments, labs, workshops, tutorials and assessments that I won't really have time for societies. I also joined some co-curricular activities. Plus, I also like going to the gym quite a bit, which also takes a significant chunk of my time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anime, will be joining street dance, LGBT
    Am also a member of student minds and mental health awareness
    Considering Autism but I'm really not sure

ReputationRep:
    Chess, comic books, Lib Dems, Politics and a few other random ones like good food. A good way to diversify my friendships. Also the Cypriot society.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. good Joke. All the ones i gave money to died. No one wants to run them. So None anymore. Uni-life is great and livin' the dream. I dont fit the demographic of half of them so that's that i guess...

ReputationRep:
    When I first started I joined the Psychology society...but all i ever got out of that was a discount on a hoodie because all of their actual events were just drinking socials.

Two years later I tried Archery, but it would have been disproportionately expensive.

So I went six years (undergraduate and postgraduate at two different unis) without actually being part of a society properly until I joined band in what would be my seventh year...then again I didn't play music seven years ago!

ReputationRep:
    Joined the gamers society, Islamic society and the Arab society (even though I’m not Arab). Haven’t gone to any of the socials though. However, the only ones who’ve had things going on is the gamers society so far.

ReputationRep:
    I've joined the Kpop fan society and the coding society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I've just started and recently joined the film society and a charity one called Coppafeel where they raise money, and run events and awareness campaigns about breast cancer, and I'm looking to join maybe one more once I'm a bit more settled in with my timetable. How about you?
    :five: also doing coppafeel!

also part of Oncology Soc, a science communication one and sexpression
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Rowing (Exeter Uni Boat Club ftw), Kung Fu, Breakdancing, Windriders, TCK, Business and Finance, CompSci, Consulting. Might join wine soc/cocktail sock for the excuse to just drink.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Drama
    Swimming
    Tennis
    Any other business?:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Investment, business/finance, raising and giving, students for children

ReputationRep:
    Econ and Finance, volunteering

ReputationRep:
    Showchoir, baking, SSAGO and ultimate frisbee. My favourite is ultimate frisbee and I would thoroughly recommend it because the people are really nice and it's ok if you haven't done it before because it's a new sport for most people.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry society (great way to meet people on course), Kickboxing and stitch'n'b***h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Rowing (Exeter Uni Boat Club ftw), Kung Fu, Breakdancing, Windriders, TCK, Business and Finance, CompSci, Consulting. Might join wine soc/cocktail sock for the excuse to just drink.
    Tck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Gotta love the Assasins Society, easy way to make friends, have fun and be crafty/sneaky!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was a part of the secret cooking society but they kicked me out for spilling the beans.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Tck?
    third culture kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I was a part of the secret cooking society but they kicked me out for spilling the beans.
    Wow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.