Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I lost faith in my Religion... Islam. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretty deep topic haha I know. I never thought I would come to this stage where I thought I would actually have the nerve to say this.
    Okay time for a bit of background.
    I live with strict Muslim Asian parents and I suffer from anxiety, generalised social anxiety and Depression.
    Ever since I was a kid I lovedddddddd myy religion, I was 6 years old when I first started practising but what happened you may ask? What caused me to change my mind?
    Well, alot did.
    When I was young I was molested by an old man (Please do not ask questions about this as I am not comfortable), I thought this was normal because my parents didnt react badly about it. Tbh, first thing my mum done was laugh. Then I told my best friend last year (3 years after it happened) about it and she told me it was wrong. I then fell into flashbacks which I still get till this day.
    I then went to a new school for sixth form and I made 0 friends for quite a long time. I have made friends now but I feel as though I am too ugly to be in the group, or I am too boring or whatever. One of the friends in the group makes me feel good whereas everyone else gives me anxiety and depression.
    Last year I also drank alcohol but it was from peer-pressure, I didnt want to do it cuz I said no like 20 times but I did it so they couldve left me alone. I regretted it after.
    And I am going through a ****ing lot, stuff that I dont even wanna talk about on here! I hate it. Everytime I pray it gets a bit better because I ask God for strength and help but at the same time it GETS WORSE. It gets worse, literally, he is making everything harder for me. He makes me think too much and he makes everyone have something against me! Yes, there is alot of people that don't like me and thats including my family (family and cousins an aunties etc.) AND THATS NOT MY ANXIETY TALKING, they actually dislike me.
    I also do get help from my therapist but hardly do because tbh my parents dont bother to take me. I only had 1 session and that was a month ago. Therapist doesnt even help either tbh. The stuff she said was either stuff my friend said or things I said to myself
    The reason why this relates to my faith in islam is because I feel as though God isnt helping me at all. Its been 2 years and all he does is make it worse. I just want to live my life and be happy now. I feel so stressed when I just think "God just makes things harder for me, just like these other people". I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I know how you feel, I’m in the process of leaving islam. I don’t believe in religion but I do believe in faith. Stay strong and if you need anyone to talk to I’m here
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I will probably get a lot of hate for this reply but, the Prophet also went through a lot of hardships, in the Quran it says "God will not burden a soul with what it cannot bear". Pain is always temporary, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite, I believe in the religion I just dont have any faith whatsoever. And if I do, then something goes wrong or everything gets tough. It's like God hates me, and I know he doesn't but no one ever knows. Maybe when I move out of my house I might reconsider practising again but I just don't know.
    (Original post by Nobody101)
    Honestly I know how you feel, I’m in the process of leaving islam. I don’t believe in religion but I do believe in faith. Stay strong and if you need anyone to talk to I’m here

ReputationRep:
    No, I understand where you are coming from. I have always tried to tell myself that but it just... never works? I can't dig it in my head that God is making everyone's lives amazing even if they have problems in their life. I feel like he is messing around with my life.
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I will probably get a lot of hate for this reply but, the Prophet also went through a lot of hardships, in the Quran it says "God will not burden a soul with what it cannot bear". Pain is always temporary, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

What has this got to do with Islam? I say its your family that are the problem since your mother laughed once you got molested ....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.