Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

girl obsessed with me, IDK WHAT TO DO watch

crazy right?

she's in the year below me, we haven't actually met in person, instead a mutual friend put us in contact. she lives like a 40min train ride away I think?

ANYWAYS, last year she was gonna invite me to her prom until she found out I had a gf, then blocked me on the basis that she didn't want any distractions- according to her.

jump to now, I broke up with my gf and now this girl's talking to me again. i try and keep things friendly- giving advice on her school and stuff, since I basically went through everything she's going through now. but she always sends me flirty snaps/messages. she's nice and all, but not rly my type.

do I like the attention? sure who doesn't. but it's unfair on her, especially if she thinks it's gonna turn into anything more than a friendship. at the same time, I don't wanna kill her spirit and be like "I am NOT INTERESTED IN YOU"

idk I'm very confused on how to handle this situation.

Spoiler:
    Show
    ik SHE'S NOT OBSESSED BUT clickbait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ik SHE'S NOT OBSESSED BUT clickbait
    this is the problem with tsr right now

also be a man and stop friendzoning her

Just reply to her much more slowly

(Original post by amaraub)
    this is the problem with tsr right now

also be a man and stop friendzoning her
    so be a man and ask her out, only to dump her? lol okay then

ReputationRep:
    so be a man and ask her out, only to dump her? lol okay then
    no? just flat out tell her you're not interested. i never said ask her out, i meant dont lead her on.

anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?
    It's a bit rude to dismiss someone's advice just because you don't want to hear it.

I agree that, if you're sure she's into you and isn't just naturally flirty, you should be straight up with her. It's the kinder thing to do, much like ripping off a plaster

(Original post by Ed5)
    It's a bit rude to dismiss someone's advice just because you don't want to hear it.

I agree that, if you're sure she's into you and isn't just naturally flirty, you should be straight up with her. It's the kinder thing to do, much like ripping off a plaster
    hm wasn't trying to be rude. but imagine you were in my position. she'd probably not want to keep contact...

I'll see how it goes in the next few days, maybe gradually hint at it rather than blurting it out

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?
    What do you mean anyone else? He pretty much told you what you need to do.

ReputationRep:
    hm wasn't trying to be rude. but imagine you were in my position. she'd probably not want to keep contact...
    Don't you want her to stop contacting you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    do I like the attention? sure who doesn't.
    i think this is why sadly

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible. Poor girl.

ReputationRep:

I'll see how it goes in the next few days, maybe gradually hint at it rather than blurting it out
    Get attention from a girl you actually like then, just kill it off with this one

anyone else?
    TELL IT TO HER STRAIGHT but only if you're certain she likes you (maybe get another friend to ask her if she does) and then let her know she's super sweet and all but you're just not interested and see her as a friend. So much better than being led on. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to tell her you aren't interested in her. Why do you think she keeps messaging you, especially after she found out you were single again? It is the right thing to do, rather than string her along.

no I like her as a friend

ok fine thanksssss. ugh why am I so eligible

jks this is the first time it's happened

tbh I think I'm over reacting, she should be able to see I'm not reciprocating, basically ignoring all flirtatious behaviour, hence I'm not interested

ReputationRep:
    tbh I think I'm over reacting, she should be able to see I'm not reciprocating, basically ignoring all flirtatious behaviour, hence I'm not interested
    So why don't you just reaffirm it by telling her you're not interested?

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible. Poor girl.
    Most girls do this though tbf.

So why don't you just reaffirm it by telling her you're not interested?
    ^ that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Most girls do this though tbf.

^ that
    you remind me of pedro pascal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.