Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girl obsessed with me, IDK WHAT TO DO Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Most girls do this though tbf.

^ that
    I don't. I find my cruelty to tell it like it is to actually be a mercy, as I'm being honest. The OP is just feeding his ego by dragging this out. No respect from me. 😤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    crazy right?

she's in the year below me, we haven't actually met in person, instead a mutual friend put us in contact. she lives like a 40min train ride away I think?

ANYWAYS, last year she was gonna invite me to her prom until she found out I had a gf, then blocked me on the basis that she didn't want any distractions- according to her.

jump to now, I broke up with my gf and now this girl's talking to me again. i try and keep things friendly- giving advice on her school and stuff, since I basically went through everything she's going through now. but she always sends me flirty snaps/messages. she's nice and all, but not rly my type.

do I like the attention? sure who doesn't. but it's unfair on her, especially if she thinks it's gonna turn into anything more than a friendship. at the same time, I don't wanna kill her spirit and be like "I am NOT INTERESTED IN YOU"

idk I'm very confused on how to handle this situation.

Spoiler:
    Show

ik SHE'S NOT OBSESSED BUT clickbait
    if your reading this, it means you need to get out more and stop trolling tsr

This guy: Hey so I wanted to talk to you about something yeah

Her: Sure babe, go ahead :lovehug:

This guy: Well I hate to break this to you, but I like you as a friend, I don't think us getting together is a great idea...

Her: Ermmm what in the friggin world are you talking about?

This guy: Well, you've been flirty with me all this while and I thought you should know I really don't have any feelings for you

Her: LOL, you're my friend, and those aren't flirty messages honey, I always talk to my friends like that :erm: I've got a boyfriend and we've been together since we erupted from Mama Bear's "vagene" :console:

This guy:

https://media.tenor.com/images/ebb3b...240a/tenor.gif

ReputationRep:
    This guy: Hey so I wanted to talk to you about something yeah

Her: Sure babe, go ahead :lovehug:

This guy: Well I hate to break this to you, but I like you as a friend, I don't think us getting together is a great idea...

Her: Ermmm what in the friggin world are you talking about?

This guy: Well, you've been flirty with me all this while and I thought you should know I really don't have any feelings for you

Her: LOL, you're my friend, and those aren't flirty messages honey, I always talk to my friends like that :erm: I've got a boyfriend and we've been together since we erupted from Mama Bear's "vagene" :console:

This guy:

https://media.tenor.com/images/ebb3b...240a/tenor.gif
    Is that from a tv show?

reply after like one year.That would make her forget u

ReputationRep:
      I wish i had this problem instead i keep getting wierd messages late at night from a guy who im pretty sure died like at least 5 years ago heres his profile pic
      Attachments Pending Approval
    • File Type: jpgBundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg (156.2 KB)
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Just reply to her late. Don't open her messages. She should get the message. If she doesn't, then you need to go and tell her straight up. Besides, it won't hurt her that much considering she distanced herself from you first which means she can do it again.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
      Just reply to her late. Don't open her messages. She should get the message. If she doesn't, then you need to go and tell her straight up. Besides, it won't hurt her that much considering she distanced herself from you first which means she can do it again.
      That's stupid, tell her outright, or she'll think she's getting mixed signals and will get confused

crazy right?

she's in the year below me, we haven't actually met in person, instead a mutual friend put us in contact. she lives like a 40min train ride away I think?

ANYWAYS, last year she was gonna invite me to her prom until she found out I had a gf, then blocked me on the basis that she didn't want any distractions- according to her.

jump to now, I broke up with my gf and now this girl's talking to me again. i try and keep things friendly- giving advice on her school and stuff, since I basically went through everything she's going through now. but she always sends me flirty snaps/messages. she's nice and all, but not rly my type.

do I like the attention? sure who doesn't. but it's unfair on her, especially if she thinks it's gonna turn into anything more than a friendship. at the same time, I don't wanna kill her spirit and be like "I am NOT INTERESTED IN YOU"

idk I'm very confused on how to handle this situation.

Spoiler:
      Show

ik SHE'S NOT OBSESSED BUT clickbait
      My advise is have a small chat and tell her where you are and that it won't go further. I have a great friend that I'm really close. I used to fancy her and told her. Hearing "no" was really hard but she didn't play games. and that made it much easier to stay friends. I don't fancy her anymore but I reckon if she had played games it would have been super hard

Tell her. It'll help you both. If you lose her, its for the best. If she stays, you've kept a friend

Just slowly fade. Take a little longer to reply to her. Sometimes don’t reply (but not too often). Just make the changes gradual so she thinks she’s the one ending when she eventually gets tired of chasing you. It works-I’ve done it to guys before.
      ***one guy told everyone that he dumped me (even though we never dated-it was slightly similar to this only he was the year above and went to my school and lol no promposal or blocking ) I went along with it because I didn’t really give a sh*t I mean I was sparing his feelings but anyway life goes on. So yeah this generally works but just beware that she isn’t the type to make up lies about you
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by iivwsk)
      That's stupid, tell her outright, or she'll think she's getting mixed signals and will get confused
      Distancing yourself from someone is the best way to indicate you aren't interested in them without directly saying it.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.