Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I wanted to do Dentistry at university and I need predicted grades of AAA, however my predicted grades are BBB and I've begged and cried to my teachers to predict me As but they have all said no and I'm really upset as I've done so much work to make sure I was strong applicant for dentistry - I've done work experience and my UKCAT, which went really well.

Anyway, I just need some advice on what I should do or what courses I should apply to do. I've looked into oral health sciences but I really don't like any of the Uni's for it and I just don't know what to apply for because all I've ever wanted to do is Dentistry.

NOTE: My school made us do exams as soon as we got back to help boost are predicted grades and I got A grades however because everyone did quite well the grade boundaries were increased making me grades Bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebbieRose)
    So I wanted to do Dentistry at university and I need predicted grades of AAA, however my predicted grades are BBB and I've begged and cried to my teachers to predict me As but they have all said no and I'm really upset as I've done so much work to make sure I was strong applicant for dentistry - I've done work experience and my UKCAT, which went really well.

Anyway, I just need some advice on what I should do or what courses I should apply to do. I've looked into oral health sciences but I really don't like any of the Uni's for it and I just don't know what to apply for because all I've ever wanted to do is Dentistry.

NOTE: My school made us do exams as soon as we got back to help boost are predicted grades and I got A grades however because everyone did quite well the grade boundaries were increased making me grades Bs
    Ok so what other stats do you have? By this I mean GCSEs, any AS levels taken, EPQ etc?

Also, if you were to obtain AAA then reapply next year, you would be much more likely to receive an offer anyway than if you are just predicted AAA this year. Could this be an option?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got good GCSE grades? We're your exams an actual.past paper because grade boundaries for those should be online. How high is your UKCAT?

I would apply this year anyway if your gcses GCSE and UKCAT are high.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.