Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He's been constantly asking me to date him, feeling pressured? Watch

Hi everyone,

I'm needing other perspectives on this.
    There's a guy who him and I were quite close. He admitted he liked me around 2015 summer. When he revealed this, I told him I don't feel the same way, that I'd like to remain friends. He said ok. Overtime, we became even closer and at one point I even considered dating him because of how close we became- we would hang out very often. But then he ruined it by doing things such as grabbing my wrist because I didn't allow him to check my phone, forcing kisses and groping me when drunk and accusing me of lying all the time though I found out recently he had been lying to me about something for months. Even after all of that, I forgave him and allowed us to be friends again because he would always say how lonely he was, that he loved me and that he had family issues. Now thinking about it, it's quite manipulative because he knows I'm a very empathetic person who likes to help people. I stopped alking to him for a while but around a month ago, he messaged me saying how he had changed. That I should give him a chance, and we began talking again as friends. Then a few days ago, he asked me to date him and I told him, I'll think about it and I said to him later no because of everything that had happened.
    He got mad and told me but I've seen how much he's changed now. That I'm always breaking his heart by saying no. Telling me all sorts of crap like why don't I like him and has asked me once am I a lesbian because I'm not attracted to him as if he a sex god no one could resit. It's this level of arrogance that he has sometimes. 80% of our friendship was good but 20% was bad. It's because the good out weighted the bad to why I forgave him too. But when you look at the severity of the bad, it makes me really worried. After he got angry to my no, I stopped talking to him because I felt that he was trying to pressure me into dating him. I've now also blocked him because since then, he came to my house uninvited, called my mother's phone number, called and messaged me over 30 times while at work and has tried to find me while I'm about my area. It's become harassing. I can't be friends with someone like this but he also forces himself back into my life.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds completely crazy. Block block block! Call the police if necessary.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

There's a guy who him and I were quite close. He admitted he liked me around 2015 summer. When he revealed this, I told him I don't feel the same way, that I'd like to remain friends. He said ok. Overtime, we became even closer and at one point I even considered dating him because of how close we became- we would hang out very often. But then he ruined it by doing things such as grabbing my wrist because I didn't allow him to check my phone, forcing kisses and groping me when drunk and accusing me of lying all the time though I found out recently he had been lying to me about something for months. Even after all of that, I forgave him and allowed us to be friends again because he would always say how lonely he was, that he loved me and that he had family issues. Now thinking about it, it's quite manipulative because he knows I'm a very empathetic person who likes to help people. I stopped alking to him for a while but around a month ago, he messaged me saying how he had changed. That I should give him a chance, and we began talking again as friends. Then a few days ago, he asked me to date him and I told him, I'll think about it and I said to him later no because of everything that had happened.
    He got mad and told me but I've seen how much he's changed now. That I'm always breaking his heart by saying no. Telling me all sorts of crap like why don't I like him and has asked me once am I a lesbian because I'm not attracted to him as if he a sex god no one could resit. It's this level of arrogance that he has sometimes. 80% of our friendship was good but 20% was bad. It's because the good out weighted the bad to why I forgave him too. But when you look at the severity of the bad, it makes me really worried. After he got angry to my no, I stopped talking to him because I felt that he was trying to pressure me into dating him. I've now also blocked him because since then, he came to my house uninvited, called my mother's phone number, called and messaged me over 30 times while at work and has tried to find me while I'm about my area. It's become harassing. I can't be friends with someone like this but he also forces himself back into my life.
    People like this are insecure and think they can get what they want through pressure and force. Its threatening, manipulative and selfish, so think what he would be like when he doesnt get his own way in a relationship. It will be bad news. He doesnt respect you.

If youve already made it clear you want no contact and hes behaved this way, then you can warn him to stop or you will report him to the police for harassment. as a last chance or do it anyway. he is crossing the line. have nothing to do with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

Contact the police and inform them of this stalker, tell them his name and address and they will appear at his door since they take situations like this seriously.

You won't ruin his life but with the threat of police action he'll know to stay away and in the future if it is reported again then he hasn't learnt his lesson and deserves what the police decide to do with him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.