Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I study in London Monday - Wednesday but get homesick so was thinking about traveling back to Suffolk Wednesday night - Sunday. Was wondering if anyone does/ has tried this before and how it worked out? Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by OrlaghMaye)
    I study in London Monday - Wednesday but get homesick so was thinking about traveling back to Suffolk Wednesday night - Sunday. Was wondering if anyone does/ has tried this before and how it worked out? Thanks!
    As long as you attend your tutorials, then you will be fine.

Note you will be missing out on access to uni facilities if you need them.
    You will also be missing out on settling in and making friends. ,maybe a uni closer to home would have been better or a transfer?

Whatever works for you, but its not always the best way to deal with homesickness.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for this! My family were actually the ones who suggested splitting the week but I wasn't sure, hence me asking here! I'm going to see how the next while goes and if I absolutely can't stand it I'll look into a transfer. Thank you again ☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You should look into the financial side. After that I agree with Tigger - it's not a good long term solution, you won't make friends and you'll struggle to do as well on your course as you won't have access to the library/lecturers/etc for the majority of the week - plus if you have a group project and they want to meet on thursday/friday you won't be able to attend. You're also going to get in the habit of being able to go home which could cause you issues if your timetable changes next semester/year and it's no longer possible. You should really try and learn to cope with being at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrlaghMaye)
    Personally, I think it'll make you feel worse. Give it time - it's still early to be changing things.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.