Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 4A* 5A's
    As: AAABb
    Alevel:BBB
    Predicted 2:1 in a degree
    UKCAT: 2450

Work experience: TONS. I have loads in healthcare, loads in university. I've held numerous roles and responsibilities, have medals for excellence volunteering in my uni and across the country

Do you think it is suicide to apply to Kings/Barts for UNDERGRAD medicine? Ive had educational disruptions and had to take years off because no school would take me, my dad is a pilot and we've never stayed somewhere more than an year. It's been kind of hard to fit in again, start over again. I know its nothing serious, but just need some honest advice.

I know Kings look at applications hollistically, and barts have interviewed people who had 606 in UKCAT last year? Would appreciate any advice, or even what medical schools to apply to- I'm struggling with choices. Unfortunately due to some family drama I cannot sit the BMAT, barely did UKCAT. If its the end, I'll just take an year out and go in a different field.

ReputationRep:
    I would say considering your UKCAT is low and your predicted grades aren't as high as other applicants would be you are better off applying elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lia12)
    GCSE: 4A* 5A's
    As: AAABb
    Alevel:BBB
    Predicted 2:1 in a degree
    UKCAT: 2450

Work experience: TONS. I have loads in healthcare, loads in university. I've held numerous roles and responsibilities, have medals for excellence volunteering in my uni and across the country

Do you think it is suicide to apply to Kings/Barts for UNDERGRAD medicine? Ive had educational disruptions and had to take years off because no school would take me, my dad is a pilot and we've never stayed somewhere more than an year. It's been kind of hard to fit in again, start over again. I know its nothing serious, but just need some honest advice.

I know Kings look at applications hollistically, and barts have interviewed people who had 606 in UKCAT last year? Would appreciate any advice, or even what medical schools to apply to- I'm struggling with choices. Unfortunately due to some family drama I cannot sit the BMAT, barely did UKCAT. If its the end, I'll just take an year out and go in a different field.
    So you're doing an undergrad degree at the moment? I'm not sure - Given you don't meet the A-Level standards for Undergrad, I'm afraid I don't know what they expect degree-wise for it. It may be worth emailing them. If not, I'm sure there's less "well known" places you could do a medicine degree. At the end of the day, a degree in medicine is just that. It's not much more or less prestigious because it was done at a different University.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    dont think your ukcat would be high enough for kings. could try barts if you fancy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.