Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stuck on these two questions so I wanted to know if anyone could help?

explain how Edmund Burke
    a. fits into both traditional and neoconservatism
    b. agrees/ disagrees with conservative philosophy of Thomas Hobbes

for a. if you could outline the differences and similarities of the two political movements' ideas that would be great!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kayla_jaedyn)
    I'm really stuck on these two questions so I wanted to know if anyone could help?

explain how Edmund Burke
    a. fits into both traditional and neoconservatism
    b. agrees/ disagrees with conservative philosophy of Thomas Hobbes

for a. if you could outline the differences and similarities of the two political movements' ideas that would be great!
    Okay so I'm not a politics student but I did cover Burke during A Level history.

One of Burke's main principles was that the state should be as small as possible correct?

ReputationRep:
    Well sought of... he believed that the executive (the government ) should be limited and controlled by the demos, especially those with property.

ReputationRep:
    I can add on Hobbes. Hobbes and Burke both believed that any society begins with a social contract and when people sign it (it means, create a state) they are no longer have their natural rights as they transfer them to the state itself.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.