Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i do bio chem and sociology and i feel like i have way too many things to study.

ive been in school for 6 weeks and so far we've covered quite a lot of topics except i havent been revising after school bc my anxiety levels have been at a peak since the beginning of school. i've done all my homeoworks, though.

i dont know how i'm going to study everything we've learnt thoroughly...

chem: i have 13 sub-chapters to thoroughly study and make notes for; by thoroughly i mean really understanding the topic and doing practice/exam questions...so far i've done 1 (which has taken me 5 hours today).

bio: I haven't even started revising this yet -- i have 15 topics to revise (or actually...................... learn)

sociology: i've joined in 3 weeks late and i have a lot of catching up to do...

do you think i'll be able to do it on time without being behind throughout the year?? 6 weeks of catching up is so much and i don't know if i'll be able to do it

i'm trying hard to not over-stress and keep calm bc i dont want to worsen this frikkin anxiety
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggxsywes)
    i do bio chem and sociology and i feel like i have way too many things to study.

ive been in school for 6 weeks and so far we've covered quite a lot of topics except i havent been revising after school bc my anxiety levels have been at a peak since the beginning of school. i've done all my homeoworks, though.

i dont know how i'm going to study everything we've learnt thoroughly...

chem: i have 13 sub-chapters to thoroughly study and make notes for; by thoroughly i mean really understanding the topic and doing practice/exam questions...so far i've done 1 (which has taken me 5 hours today).

bio: I haven't even started revising this yet -- i have 15 topics to revise (or actually...................... learn)

sociology: i've joined in 3 weeks late and i have a lot of catching up to do...

do you think i'll be able to do it on time without being behind throughout the year?? 6 weeks of catching up is so much and i don't know if i'll be able to do it

i'm trying hard to not over-stress and keep calm bc i dont want to worsen this frikkin anxiety
    Yeah you'll be fine don't stress too much.
    Most people wish they were in your situation when they get to January and realise they have to catch up
    On 4 months!

I suggest try and do a little bit everyday and make a study plan (it doesn't have to be time restraint) just make it so you get through some content bit by bit.
    The half term is coming up so you'll have have 1 week I guess to really get your head down and catch up and consolidate so when you get back you can be stress free and not worry about being behind in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AOA_)
    Yeah you'll be fine don't stress too much.
    Most people wish they were in your situation when they get to January and realise they have to catch up
    On 4 months!

I suggest try and do a little bit everyday and make a study plan (it doesn't have to be time restraint) just make it so you get through some content bit by bit.
    The half term is coming up so you'll have have 1 week I guess to really get your head down and catch up and consolidate so when you get back you can be stress free and not worry about being behind in class
    wait but it's literally bc i havent studied at all for the first 5 weeks... isn't that risky??? did some year 12s actually get away with doing that and only realizing it in January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggxsywes)
    wait but it's literally bc i havent studied at all for the first 5 weeks... isn't that risky??? did some year 12s actually get away with doing that and only realizing it in January?
    They did "get away with it" slightly but didn't end up with the best grades .. maybe like C's and it's disheartening to know that if you had just put the effort in earlier you could've done a lot better which isn't a nice feeling.

It is quite a bit to catch up on but you can do it and do it asap!

And if you're not exaggerating the fact that you've done absolutely no revision then you need to seriously consider how you intend to do well and think about how strong/weak your work ethic is. You're subjects are gonna get harder and you need to be on the ball.

Goooood luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.