Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When you are drunk and say something you don't remember Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whats good people.

Basically I used to be anti-drugs, anti-drinking. Was sober until I turned 21, and recently I went to a family house party. I met family that I didn't see in years and so in happiness I started drinking too much alcohol - to the point where I just don't remember anything.

I'm under the impression that I may have said nasty things to people there, given that I hate some of them - but when sober I tend to be quiet.

The thing is, as much as getting drunk is bad - don't you think that it maybe unfair for someone to hold a grudge against you for saying something when you were drunk?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you said. Sometimes it can be said that when we are drunk, we have no filter, so we can speak the truth that we hide within ourselves. Or on the other hand, we can talk to make others feel bad, there is no filter to stop this.

It was a really bad idea to start drinking. There is no shame in being quiet and sober. Learn your lesson. If needs must, apologise to those who you hurt. Within time, if you can show that you are committed to change, those family members will start to respect you, and you may think differently of them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.