Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to uni without my parents knowing Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CopperDragon)
    Have you thought at about waiting until your 21? once you count as a mature student many of the rules change. Also, i imagine if you talk to a specific uni that you want to go to, your current school, or even the Citizens Advice Burro where you live they might be able to give you more advice on how to make it. They probably know more than we do. Also, if your brother is on your side thats definitely a good thing. If you had a late lecture you could just pass it off as a weekly meeting and get your brother to agree. I really hope there's some way you can make it to uni. As someone else recommended the Open uni might also be a good idea, then you can study from home while working and maybe keep your books in your brothers room or at the school you work in. You don't need your parents to second your Student finance form if you only claim for the smallest amount of money. so, if you only ask for the £9250 a year and £4000 for the maintenance I don't even think they are asked for it (but you will need to check this one) Every course will have about the same hrs in lecture if you want to go to uni but from experience the Humanities often have less hrs in lesson than the sciences. I hope this helps
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catfisheveryday)
    Thank you so much
    No problem, any other issues just let me know

ReputationRep:
    I know it seems weird as f but I have been given the most freedom when compared to my relatives. I'm not getting married. Previously, I was allowed to go to university but was told that I could not go as my cousins were not going
    Your parents thought your cousins would keep you in check? Do you know any children of family friends etc that are at uni? You could try to convince your parents again if you have a specific job in mind. Promise to be back by a particular time etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    You're welcome, I hope it all works out for you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.