Advice for a failing science student at GCSE Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any advice at all I'm desperate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it

ReputationRep:
    If you can, ask your teachers for help outside of lessons. Get some workbooks (the CGP ones are quite good), and go through them carefully. Make sure to ask about anything you don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivser)
    If you can, ask your teachers for help outside of lessons. Get some workbooks (the CGP ones are quite good), and go through them carefully. Make sure to ask about anything you don't understand.
    Im already doing that my teachers doesn't help me, thank you thou x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie.betts)
    Im already doing that my teachers doesn't help me, thank you thou x
    Do you have any class tests that you can use to identify your weak topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Do you have any class tests that you can use to identify your weak topics?
    Not really she set our homework as our class test...cos that's makes so much sense I know 😅

ReputationRep:
    Learn all the basic things that you don't understand and then work your way up , the fact that you know you need help is good.

ReputationRep:
    Not really she set our homework as our class test...cos that's makes so much sense I know 😅
    Surely you have some kind of marked assessment at hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Surely you have some kind of marked assessment at hand?
    We do but we aren't aloud to access them

ReputationRep:
    We do but we aren't aloud to access them
    Odd, that makes marked assessment completely worthless. Perhaps ask your teacher if you could get your marked work for revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Odd, that makes marked assessment completely worthless. Perhaps ask your teacher if you could get your marked work for revision?
    Imma do that thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    I can link you some resources or give you help on topics you're struggling with if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivser)
    I can link you some resources or give you help on topics you're struggling with if you want.
    Can you link me to some resource please atm and can I come back to you with some struggles topics later

ReputationRep:
    I'm in this class too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiefrey)
    I'm in this class too
    We need help
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you following? I suspect you don't have enough clarity on the topics you are doing which is making it hard for you to pass. If I were you, I would start from the 1st chapter in the CGP books and not only start learning the stuff but also try and understand it so you know how it works. Also, ask your teacher to give you your marked assessments back because theres no point if you aren't allowed access to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    What exam board are you following? I suspect you don't have enough clarity on the topics you are doing which is making it hard for you to pass. If I were you, I would start from the 1st chapter in the CGP books and not only start learning the stuff but also try and understand it so you know how it works. Also, ask your teacher to give you your marked assessments back because theres no point if you aren't allowed access to them.
    We don't even know what exam board we are 😂

ReputationRep:
    http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3 good for covering the basics
    The CGP workbooks and revision books - really good for revising and covering content you may have missed in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    I have no idea what exam board I am I think it's OCR could be completely wrong, and I fined the CGP books really hard to understand is there any others you could recommend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivser)
    http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3 good for covering the basics
    The CGP workbooks and revision books - really good for revising and covering content you may have missed in class
    Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.