Yay
    25.42%
    Nay
    31.84%
    Never tried pumpkin
    42.74%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Now that its October, all you hear is "pumpkin spice this, pumpkin spiced that" but I've never actually tried pumpkin or anything pumpkin spiced the closest I've got is smelling a pumpkin scented candle :laugh:

So for those who have tried pumpkin/pumpkin flavoured food or drink, is it nice or is it overrated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    Now that its October, all you hear is "pumpkin spice this, pumpkin spiced that" but I've never actually tried pumpkin or anything pumpkin spiced the closest I've got is smelling a pumpkin scented candle :laugh:

So for those who have tried pumpkin/pumpkin flavoured food or drink, is it nice or is it overrated?
    it is EXTREMELY overrated and actually disgusting but quite a lot of people like pumpkin flavoured stuff - not for me thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    We seem to have inherited this pumpkin spice obsession from our friends the other side of the Atlantic.

Pumpkin is nice, I don't think it's worthy of the level of hype there is around it though. I quite like pumpkin soup, with a bit of chilli in it to give it a bit of heat.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I live in the US and there is a hell of a lot of pumpkin flavored things this time of year. It's generally pretty nice, but I don't go out of my way to buy special edition pumpkin things. If I see something with a good sale that sounds nice I'll buy it but mostly I go for the cinnamon/spiced flavored stuff that is also available in the fall/Christmas seasons.

I agree with Moonkatt that pumpkin soup is definitely good though.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried pumpkin spiced latte? It is very popular. I tried it last year, it was ok, nothing amazing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Never tried anything Pumpkin flavoured. Doesn't sound or look particularly nice
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

Pumpkin spice isn't pumpkin flavoured (although some pumpkin spice flavoured products may use pumpkin as an additional flavour), it's a spice mix used by the yanks when making pumpkin pie typically comprised of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. It's a fairly basic wintry spice mix for sweet baking, similar in composition to the spices that are commonly found in our mince pies and Christmas pudding.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOO. I have an adorable ginger female kitten called Pumpkin.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

It is very good in mouth-like pieces to farmer's breakfast. As a garnish it is a good addition to some food.

ReputationRep:
    Pumpkin spice latte is the most sickly, vile hot drink I've ever tried.

Of course it contains no pumpkin.

Pumpkin itself is great and I often make soup with it.

ReputationRep:
    Pumpkin doesn't taste of that much. I've never tried anything "pumpkin spiced", but from what I've heard, it's nothing special and isn't pumpkin flavoured - it's more like pumpkin pie flavouring-flavoured. Pumpkin is OK in soup, but I think squash is better.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Pumpkin flavoured items are the spawn of Satan. Anyone who consumes said items is a Satanist who is allowing Satan's seed to grow within them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Bought pumpkin pie kit kats today, gotta admit, they're pretty tasty. Especially with a nice cup of tea.

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Gingerbread101 I have found a thread just for you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Gingerbread101 I have found a thread just for you
    I've never had it ok

Roasted pumpkin seeds with salt are great though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I've never had it ok
    :wtf:

Roasted pumpkin seeds with salt are great though
    Yesssssssss, so good!

ReputationRep:
    Pumpkin flavouring / Pumpkin syrups are absolutely vile however do it yourself with actual pumpkin (aka the proper way) and pumpkin things are gorgeous! I personally like using pureed pumpkin and spices to make pumpkin spiced cupcakes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.