Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend has started BCU this year. She didn't go freshers this year. Wondering if I could go next year freshers and pay extra and/or show my NUS Card is BCU Freshers good? Also, I know a guy who used to be a friend who will be starting his third year at BCU next year. Don't think they're attending at the same campus though.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused. Are you all students at BCU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    I'm a bit confused. Are you all students at BCU?
    No. I'm not a student at BCU. My friend who started this September and my e friend who started in 2015 are students at BCU. But I don't know if they attend same campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I don't see why not.
    Do you know how much I would have to pay as an non student of BCU?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure anyone can show up during freshers week. Unless the particular event is a closed off thing inside the campus (depending on the uni).

Theres always full on adults trying to pick up freshers in clubs during freshers week lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Pretty sure anyone can show up during freshers week. Unless the particular event is a closed off thing inside the campus (depending on the uni).

Theres always full on adults trying to pick up freshers in clubs during freshers week lmao.
    What happens at a Freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    What happens at a Freshers?
    At my uni, university of hertfordshire. There were just loads of random events during the day, fun runs, etc. Some of them you had to pay for and get a ticket from the box office on the campus. and some of them were just things you could turn up to if you were walking around the campus and saw it, like lazer tag, sports stuff, free food.

And at night it's just clubbing pretty much which you needed to buy tickets for. There was a website where you could buy tickets for events and I'm pretty sure anyone (not just students) could buy tickets and it was just a first come first serve thing. http://www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk/tickets/
    You can get your friend to buy one for you probably and just turn up to the events with her.

ReputationRep:
    At my uni, university of hertfordshire. There were just loads of random events during the day, like lazer tag, marathons, etc. Some of them you had to pay for and get a ticket from the box office on the campus. and some of them were just things you could turn up to if you were walking around the campus and saw it, like lazer tag, sports stuff, free food.

And at night it's just clubbing pretty much which you needed to buy tickets for. There was a website where you could buy tickets for events and I'm pretty sure anyone (not just students) could buy tickets and it was just a first come first serve thing. http://www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk/tickets/
    You can get your friend to buy one for you probably and just turn up to the events with her.
    She's 32 and a mature student so she didn't really want to go to freshers hence why she didn't go this year ( well she thought freshers started a week later than it did and I corrected her but she wasn't interested anyway). My ex friend is 21 in November and took a gap year but I don't really talk to him anymore and because he's a manager of a pub he said he's never been to BCU Freshers and doesn't hang with his Uni Friends outside of Lectures or Campus!

ReputationRep:
    At my uni, university of hertfordshire. There were just loads of random events during the day, fun runs, etc. Some of them you had to pay for and get a ticket from the box office on the campus. and some of them were just things you could turn up to if you were walking around the campus and saw it, like lazer tag, sports stuff, free food.

Thank you so much though. Would you say Freshers is a good experience to make long-lasting friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    She's 32 and a mature student so she didn't really want to go to freshers hence why she didn't go this year ( well she thought freshers started a week later than it did and I corrected her but she wasn't interested anyway). My ex friend is 21 in November and took a gap year but I don't really talk to him anymore and because he's a manager of a pub he said he's never been to BCU Freshers and doesn't hang with his Uni Friends outside of Lectures or Campus!
    so you want to go on your own? Just buy the nightclub tickets and go to those. The main difference between any other night is that the freshers are all pretty crazy being party animals since its the first week away from home. And theres usually after parties on the campus and more people trying to get laid lol. Also they usually have things like 'foam parties' where they just fill the place with foam and bubbles lol. I didn't really enjoy clubbing during freshers because it was too crowded to dance (which is what I like doing). And I don't like one night stands with randoms from clubs so kinda pointless lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ye and the other fun thing was meeting people from my course or going out with my flat mates. But since you'l be going on your own you won't have that element. And might be dangerous since you're a girl and need to get back home on your own.

I remember having some of my friend's spiked drink who is an absolute sesh-gremlin, at their uni flat and I was just out of it for hours in his bed lmao. Then I woke up and the rest of my friends were still there having a conversation.

And my ex-gf had her drink spiked once when she was out clubbing before, she ended up blacking out in the toilets and calling me lol. So ye, you need people to look after you if you're gonna be drinking.

ReputationRep:
    The main difference between any other night is that the freshers are all pretty crazy being party animals since its the first week away from home. .
    That sounds amazing

. And might be dangerous since you're a girl and need to get back home on your own.
    BCU is in my city. I hang around Birmingham at 11/12 and i'm fine. But you're right as I don't go clubbing, actually i've never been clubbing so I do need to watch out for spiked drinks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.