Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be applying this year to LSE/UCL and Manchester for anthropology.
    I'll be applying with an A (that I've already taken) and two predicted A's. Does anyone know who goes to LSE/UCL how difficult it is to get in? and how likely I am to get an offer?
    My GCSE's are 6 A's, 2 Bs and 1 C, however the C is in maths and LSE ask for that to be at least a B.
    Thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    You have to be taking at least 3 A-levels in one sitting, so if you've already done one, and are only taking 2 this year, than UCL and LSE won't look very highly on that.

When you're competing with people who are doing 3 or 4 A levels in one sitting, you won't look like you have enough academic stamina.

You'll also be competing for places against people who will mostly have at least 5A*s at GCSE.

By all means apply, and make sure that your personal statement is amazing, but don't get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    You have to be taking at least 3 A-levels in one sitting, so if you've already done one, and are only taking 2 this year, than UCL and LSE won't look very highly on that.

When you're competing with people who are doing 3 or 4 A levels in one sitting, you won't look like you have enough academic stamina.

You'll also be competing for places against people who will mostly have at least 5A*s at GCSE.

By all means apply, and make sure that your personal statement is amazing, but don't get your hopes up.
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are UCL and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.I'm considering doing engineering or medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)

I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are UCL and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.I'm considering doing engineering or medicine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.