Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be applying this year to LSE/UCL and Manchester for anthropology.
    I'll be applying with an A (that I've already taken) and two predicted A's. Does anyone know who goes to LSE/UCL how difficult it is to get in? and how likely I am to get an offer?
    My GCSE's are 6 A's, 2 Bs and 1 C, however the C is in maths and LSE ask for that to be at least a B.
    Thankyou!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You have to be taking at least 3 A-levels in one sitting, so if you've already done one, and are only taking 2 this year, than UCL and LSE won't look very highly on that.

When you're competing with people who are doing 3 or 4 A levels in one sitting, you won't look like you have enough academic stamina.

You'll also be competing for places against people who will mostly have at least 5A*s at GCSE.

By all means apply, and make sure that your personal statement is amazing, but don't get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    You have to be taking at least 3 A-levels in one sitting, so if you've already done one, and are only taking 2 this year, than UCL and LSE won't look very highly on that.

When you're competing with people who are doing 3 or 4 A levels in one sitting, you won't look like you have enough academic stamina.

You'll also be competing for places against people who will mostly have at least 5A*s at GCSE.

By all means apply, and make sure that your personal statement is amazing, but don't get your hopes up.
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are UCL and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.I'm considering doing engineering or medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)

I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are UCL and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.I'm considering doing engineering or medicine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.