Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking at the accommodation (halls first year) and I would like: self catered, en suite, SOCIABLE and very close to campus, what would you suggest please?

I like Henry Price, as it is known to be very social i think?which is very important to me. Although, the appearance isn't the greatest so I'm asking for advice on good options for me. Also, does it get noisy at henry price due to the big green open space park at the front, with people chatting and sitting there in the summer months?? as that would be rather annoying.

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm currently a student at Leeds and although Henry Price is great I know so many people who apply there, don't get it, and end up in Oxley or Lupton which are both 40-60 minute walks from uni everyday. If I were you I would consider Leodis. It's where I'm currently staying and it has a great social atmosphere, is a 10 minute walk from uni, and is self catered! Central Village is alright too, but can be very quiet and is known to have a lot of international students staying there. James Baille and Devonshire are also good shouts, both are social but a bit further out from uni (20 min walkish maybe longer)
    If being close to uni is important then Charles Morris is great but it's catered, so I guess it's just about where you want to be!
    If you have any more questions, fire away.

(Original post by oliviatalia)
      Hi, I am looking at the accommodation (halls first year) and I would like: self catered, en suite, SOCIABLE and very close to campus, what would you suggest please?

I like Henry Price, as it is known to be very social i think?which is very important to me. Although, the appearance isn't the greatest so I'm asking for advice on good options for me. Also, does it get noisy at henry price due to the big green open space park at the front, with people chatting and sitting there in the summer months?? as that would be rather annoying.

Thank you x
      I live in Central Village rn , its self catered , ensuite , on campus , close to every where! Its average on being sociable though and it is very hard to get in over here tbh and was very lucky to get in!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by james0902)
      Hey! I'm currently a student at Leeds and although Henry Price is great I know so many people who apply there, don't get it, and end up in Oxley or Lupton which are both 40-60 minute walks from uni everyday. If I were you I would consider Leodis. It's where I'm currently staying and it has a great social atmosphere, is a 10 minute walk from uni, and is self catered! Central Village is alright too, but can be very quiet and is known to have a lot of international students staying there. James Baille and Devonshire are also good shouts, both are social but a bit further out from uni (20 min walkish maybe longer)
      If being close to uni is important then Charles Morris is great but it's catered, so I guess it's just about where you want to be!
      If you have any more questions, fire away.
      Oh that’s cool thank you! Leodis or henry price would be good for me to be honest. Not sure about Devonshire or James Baille as not on campus which can be a bit more difficult sometimes. My brother is now in his second year at Leeds and said he would have liked to have gone to Leodis. (He was in henry price) What’s your overall opinion on Leeds? Are the students nice? Is it easy to make friends during freshers? Thank you. Olivia x

ReputationRep:
      Leeds is great! I was really nervous at first too! But in freshers try to network as much as you can, speak to lots of people outside lectures, and join societies! I'm apart of a lot of the musical societies and it's great for meeting people. I would say the only people who don't make friends are the ones so don't put themselves out there, so just be confident and be yourself! As a city it's great, things like accommodation and drink are cheap, it has awesome facilities, and the uni itself also has fantastic facilities.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by james0902)
      Leeds is great! I was really nervous at first too! But in freshers try to network as much as you can, speak to lots of people outside lectures, and join societies! I'm apart of a lot of the musical societies and it's great for meeting people. I would say the only people who don't make friends are the ones so don't put themselves out there, so just be confident and be yourself! As a city it's great, things like accommodation and drink are cheap, it has awesome facilities, and the uni itself also has fantastic facilities.
      Great, yes I have heard that! What do you study?

One last thing sorry! Can Leeds uni be quite overwhelming at times? E.g noisy or too busy as obviously it’s quite a big and vibrant uni so I was wondering if it ever gets too much. I just get overwhelmed easily, I know it’s silly hahah

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by oliviatalia)
      Great, yes I have heard that! What do you study?

One last thing sorry! Can Leeds uni be quite overwhelming at times? E.g noisy or too busy as obviously it’s quite a big and vibrant uni so I was wondering if it ever gets too much. I just get overwhelmed easily, I know it’s silly hahah
      You need to perfect your "Come near me and I'll kill you face", works wonders for me

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.