Turn on thread page Beta

Summer Takeover Reviews watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm looking at doing a summer abroad, preferably in Ibiza or Zante - has anyone used Summer Takeover? I know it costs more than going it alone - but I like the guarantee of having your accommodation sorted for you.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You can view some Summer Takeover reviews here. Or have you checked their Facebook page they have 50,000 people there so maybe contact them direct. You might also want to check our Playaway Abroad or Air Pro who are similar companies offering summer jobs in Europe. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    *I went to Zante through Summer Takeover in summer 2016 for a month and the experience was interesting... i feel like you have to be a certain someone and have a particular mindset or you'll only last a week and you'll see why when i explain below 😂

Accomodation
    Ok so in terms of accomodation we stayed in "paradise apartments" and you get told on the site that the rooms come with aircon and wifi which are both NOT TRUE.
    My friend and I who went out together were told beforehand we were going to be in a room with 2 other girls so spoke to them before the trip and made friends. When we got there we were told we werent with the 2 girls we got told we were with but someone else.
    To top that off we werent even stay in paradise apartments! We were shipped off across the road to what can only be described as 4 randomly assorted huts in the middle of a dry field im not even joking you when we got out the car we were greeted by other summer takeover people who said "welcome to the farm"

So the "farm" was where we stayed for a month. We had 3 people squished in a tiny room, gor told air con was 40 euros a week, no wifi unless you did the 5 minute walk back to paradise apartments and get it round the pool, oh and that was 15 euros a week too if you wanted it at the pool! The room got ant infested twice, the beds were only changed once a week and to top it all off every time i cooked i would be electrocuted by the hob because the electrics were so dodgy!
    The accomodation really was the only major issue but it was a big enough issue which caused a few people to leave. The walk to the beach was a good 45 mins from the accom.

Getting a job out there is easy literally just ask at any bar however i did not get any help from the reps and pay is appauling you earn like 4 euros an hour. There was a 50 euro rep fee when we got thwre too which we didnt know about and i have no idea what that was for bc our rep did **** all whilst we were there idk whether it was to help us find a job or host event or what but she didnt do anything, lovely person but i honestly think the 50 euros went towards her drinks fund probably!

Saying all this i wouldnt go back in time and decide not to go, i met some amazing people and had an amazing experience being in Zante, full of laughter, tears and the occasional break down. If you want a month you wont forget go for it but i honestly think just go for a week with your mates and get ****ed up because you realiae how corrupt the island is staying any longer and its not an entirely safe environment to be in. I had a fire extinguisher set off in my face on the strip and people poured liquid at me and my friends out of car windows whilst walking down the strip.
    Amazing/horrific/definitely a ONCE in a life time experience but unless you realise youre basically signing up for bear grylls the island zante special -id say its not for you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.