Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interested in a girl I don't see often Watch

[Bit of an intro of what stage of my life I'm at] I'm 16 years old and I'm currently in year 12 doing my A-Levels. I fully understand the difficulty of my A-Levels so that being said I haven't got doubts as to how much time I have to invest in my subjects, even if i got 10 A*'s and 3 A's at GCSE. Basically I won't have much of a social life as I will spend pretty much all of my free time revising from here on out (nor do I have much of one at the moment, with the exception of a few friends in my school I sometimes talk so).

That being said, I also do some extracurricular activities, and that includes swimming once a week for an hour on Friday evenings. There's a girl there in Year 11 below me that I quite like. Problem is I barely have the time to talk to her beyond asking how her day went, and her parents are often sitting in the cafe while she swims so I rarely have the opportunity to talk to her afterwards.

Is it worth talking to her a few times and asking her number so we can talk a bit more? I don't know if this would be weird or creepy, but there's literally no other way to go about it considering my current predicament. I'm not even sure if I want to ask her out, because I've got so much work I want to do and constantly practice. So I guess my overall question is, should I just talk to her a few times and ask her number, and if I only want to become friends (relationships are time consuming and I'd prefer avoiding the emotional aspects of life), is it still worth doing it?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea to ask for her number, as long as you make it really clear that you just want to be friends. I wouldn't say that's creepy if you go about it the right way.
    And friendships outside of school are the one thing that kept me sane during year 12; it's nice to have people you can be around without it being related to school.

(Original post by AyoNW)
    I think it's a good idea to ask for her number, as long as you make it really clear that you just want to be friends. I wouldn't say that's creepy if you go about it the right way.
    And friendships outside of school are the one thing that kept me sane during year 12; it's nice to have people you can be around without it being related to school.
    That's true. But when it's somebody that likely lives 10-20 miles away then I don't think you can do anything beyond texting and voice/video chat, unless you wan't to risk you ability to get good grades in school by constantly going out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's true. But when it's somebody that likely lives 10-20 miles away then I don't think you can do anything beyond texting and voice/video chat, unless you wan't to risk you ability to get good grades in school by constantly going out.
    Also true. I'm just saying, maybe it's best to just go for it so that you aren't left regretting anything/asking what if... (and definitely save going out for half terms; I was so nonchalant with year 12 that I was at the cinema every few weeks and I regret that)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.