Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it weird to go to the same university as friends. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on going to uni for 2018 / 2019. a friend started uni last year and i go and see him quite a bit, like almost every weekend. I like his friends and they like me so we all hang out quite a bit. They've all said that because i want to go to uni that i should go there with them. its not far from home, I like the people and the place, the university seems good and so does the course.

But i cant get the thought that im following them there out of my head, one of guys from the group has done the same thing this year but thats because their going out with one of the girls from the group, so it was kinda different. what would you lot do if you were in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    If there is a course or university that you like better, you should go to do that. It is the easier thing to do to follow your friend - you know people there already and that is a comfort. However, you might resent it if you feel like you could be learning somewhere else. True friends will stay true friends, no matter if you go to university with them or not.

Go to open days and read up on prospectuses and courses. Make sure you are fully informed before you decide your next steps.

This is really a chance to spread your wings. Go to somewhere new, meet lots of new people, enjoy learning something you are interested in and build up the steps for a fantastic career. Your friends would want you to do whats best for you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    If there is a course or university that you like better, you should go to do that. It is the easier thing to do to follow your friend - you know people there already and that is a comfort. However, you might resent it if you feel like you could be learning somewhere else. True friends will stay true friends, no matter if you go to university with them or not.

Go to open days and read up on prospectuses and courses. Make sure you are fully informed before you decide your next steps.

This is really a chance to spread your wings. Go to somewhere new, meet lots of new people, enjoy learning something you are interested in and build up the steps for a fantastic career. Your friends would want you to do whats best for you too.
    Well the reason i wasn't going to go to that uni was because it might seem like im following them there. after i was told that it would be fun to go there by the like 8th person i figured i would look into the course there and it seemed pretty good.

Then i went to an open day the other day and i did like the uni and the course seemed pretty good. I'm planning on going to 2 more open days before i decide though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keira_D)
    Well the reason i wasn't going to go to that uni was because it might seem like im following them there. after i was told that it would be fun to go there by the like 8th person i figured i would look into the course there and it seemed pretty good.

Then i went to an open day the other day and i did like the uni and the course seemed pretty good. I'm planning on going to 2 more open days before i decide though.
    By all means, if it genuinely the best choice for you, then go for it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not weird

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.