Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've just switched from acid based alloy cleaners to a pH neutral cleaner by Bilt Hamber and I'm actually in awe over how well it performed on a wheel caked in brake dust.

Usually, I'd spray with cleaner, leave to work, and agitate with a brush for the stubborn dirt, but I just sprayed this stuff on and the brake dust just bled away - I didn't even have to use a brush!

A quick rinse with a pressure washer and the wheels looked amazing. Definitely my go-to wheel cleaner from now on!

Attachment 694672

ReputationRep:
    I used to be into car detailing and would use either Meguiars or SwissWax products.

These days that bunch of romanians running that car detailing place does an excellent job and they are good enough these days that I could give them the keys and go for lunch at the local pub.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    I used to be into car detailing and would use either Meguiars or SwissWax products.

These days that bunch of romanians running that car detailing place does an excellent job and they are good enough these days that I could give them the keys and go for lunch at the local pub.
    I was using Megs wheel cleaner prior to this, but it was no match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Megs is the Sh!t. Used it and a £30 machine polisher and my car looked showroom fresh, it fixed the paintwork up unbelievably well. This is tangent relevancy but you're welcome

Used to. Don't have the time or the facilities to anymore, as above the local car wash does it every so often. They do a great job for £7.

I spent a lot more than I learned from it all. Oh well.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      Used to. Don't have the time or the facilities to anymore, as above the local car wash does it every so often. They do a great job for £7.

I spent a lot more than I learned from it all. Oh well.
      All the car washing places around here are either machine washes, or sponge-in-bucket operations

ReputationRep:
      when i got my new car recently i got the dealer to throw in an application of autoglym lifeshine, this comes with various autoglym products so i'm just using those at the moment, not so much detailing though as just cleaning!

quite impressed by the rapid wax though, very easy to apply and does leave a nice finish.

ReputationRep:
      best alloy cleaner is vinegar. as wierd as it sounds
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.