Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do i revise English language (gcse) HELP!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically how do I revise English language, if u no any websites or utube videos or apps that can help me or that I can use please tell me as I need to pass my English Language thank u 😊x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreadManaco)
    Basically how do I revise English language, if u no any websites or utube videos or apps that can help me or that I can use please tell me as I need to pass my English Language thank u 😊x
    Same xD

ReputationRep:
    You don't. You fail

ReputationRep:
    **** off!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Mr bruffs youtube channel is great apparently. I never used it but I know loads of people who did and they loved it.Also make sure you try as many questions as possible whether it's specimen papers or ones that your teachers give you. Practice makes perfect with this. Also look at Mark schemes cus they tell you what you need to do.Good luck it's really fine don't worry I did the new gcses last year and it always seems more stressful than it actually is. In hindsight I dont think it was too bad just need to focus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nads76)
    Mr bruffs youtube channel is great apparently. I never used it but I know loads of people who did and they loved it.Also make sure you try as many questions as possible whether it's specimen papers or ones that your teachers give you. Practice makes perfect with this. Also look at Mark schemes cus they tell you what you need to do.Good luck it's really fine don't worry I did the new gcses last year and it always seems more stressful than it actually is. In hindsight I dont think it was too bad just need to focus.

As Nads76 said, practice makes perfect. I took the new English language gcse last June and although I passed, I regret not having done more practice questions. Make sure you know how to structure your answers to get the most marks. I did ocr so idk if this will apply to you but my English teacher always recommended reading articles and books, basically anything that you could get in the exam, so that it would be easier for you to analyse them when answering questions.
    Good luck with your gcses!

ReputationRep:
    what course are you doing? edexcel, aqa??

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the revision tips ☺ and am doing edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Best ways to revise for English Language is to do lots of past papers. One really useful app is called GCSE POD you should try it. And on YouTube Mr Bruff makes good videos which helped me a lot in my GCSEs. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Same, English Lit and Lan is the one i will fail.

ReputationRep:
    Try following tips on purdue owl. There are plenty of grammar rules and exercises.
    It helped me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Bruff's Youtube channel is brilliant!! Also, write flash cards and on them, put loads of different synonyms for certain adjectives. Try to learn a few for the exam, as it'll be boring for an examiner, if you're using the same adjectives. (For example, instead of saying "good", "great", "fantastic", say something like "acceptable", "outstanding", "exceptional", "sensational" etc). I did this with the words good, bad, nice, hate, very, big and sad.
    Also learn some good discourse markers/connectives/sentence starters. When referring to the writer/author, use active verbs to describe a text. (E.g. this word... "reminds / foreshadows / highlights/ suggests/ emphasizes/ echos/resembles/ personifies/ symbolises ...." (There are loads, Google them for revision).
    If you can't think of what to say for how it makes the reader feel, MAKE IT UP! Just think about emotions/mood/feelings/context etc. and don't over exaggerate what you write.
    Also, you must know how to write a formal letter, letter of complaint, a journal, a diary entry, a report etc... Ask part of your revision, Google the different layouts/templates of how they should look/be written. This'll make a difference to your exam.
    Go on Google Images and type in "Connectives mindmap" and the first image that appears is a good tool to learn If you scroll down and also search "Wow words" and "powerful words", you will find lots more!
    What exam board are you taking? I did IGCSE Cambridge, but you may be doing the new AQA exam, which is no different, just apply the same rules that I've referred to.
    Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    mr bruff's great. do plenty of exam practice too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.