Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who has had experience with buying a vauxhall corsa preferably 2007-2011, I would like to know of things i should look out for when buying one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Question?)
    Who has had experience with buying a vauxhall corsa preferably 2007-2011, I would like to know of things i should look out for when buying one.
    I had nothing but problems with mine - check whether it's chain or belt driven, and if chain, listen for some rattling especially on a cold start.

The engines tend to have a rather loud ticking noise which never goes away.

There's often an awful clutch judder too.

The drivers seat will probably creek and squeek, too.

If you can at all avoid it, I wouldn't be looking into a Corsa.

ReputationRep:
    I bought mine new in 2008 and haven’t had a minutes bother.
    No repairs necessary. Just tyres and the usual maintenance
    It’s reliable and economical
    Each to their own!

ReputationRep:
    Not really a Vauxhall fan here. I'd recommend checking out forums for Corsa owners as they will usually have lots of info about common faults.

DEKRA - who do reports on used cars - say the generation of Corsa (Corsa D) you're looking at is generally OK but there are some things to look out for:

1. Oil leaks in engine/gearbox (could be difficult to see - look at the ground under where the car has been parked to see if there's any sign of oil.
    2. Worn stabiliser bearings.
    3. Suspension issues (listen for unusual noises on a test drive - rattles, "clonks" etc.)

Other sources appear to agree that the Corsa D is much better made than previous generations. My top tip would just be to make sure it has a full service history as maintenance is very important.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.