Could I apply as an individual ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Even though I'm at a sixth form, could I still potentially apply to UCAS as an individual ?

Short and sweet, that's it.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Even though I'm at a sixth form, could I still potentially apply to UCAS as an individual ?
What else would you apply as? A collective?
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
What else would you apply as? A collective?
Rather than through the school, Jamie.
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rather than through the school, Jamie.
No
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As far as I am aware, you can only apply for undergraduate courses through UCAS. You can only approach the universities directly if you are applying for a postgraduate course.

Hope this helps.
Catswhiskers
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I might be missing the point here, but do you mean that you want to apply to UCAS on your own, as opposed to your form being checked, filled in and posted by your school? If you do, then it's perfectly possible. I did this, and there were no problems, but I did have the devil of a time trying to find someone to give me an appropriate and relevent reference. It is easier though when you're applying through school, 'cause you get a lot of help filling in the form and you get nagged about deadlines! Also, (and this is just a thought), won't universities question why you're applying without the help of your school - i.e maybe why you didn't want a reference from them? On second thoughts, perhaps universities might view this as initiative/independent thinking - you never know!
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course you can do it. I did it. You apply with a paper application. However, a referee is needed to verify your qualifications and to write you a reference.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Short and sweet, that's it.
you can, but why would you want to? the sixth form staff will have experience at processing forms and references etc. it will be a lot more work to do it all yourself!
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um...Your college (probably) has years of experience in this department...shouldn't you leave it to them to judge your application once you've finished it rather than think you can do it on your own?
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fluffstar)
Um...Your college (probably) has years of experience in this department...shouldn't you leave it to them to judge your application once you've finished it rather than think you can do it on your own?
Ta for the condescension, there. But really, you know nothing about me, the subjects I'm doing, what I want to do or indeed, anything at all about my application.

Thanks to everyone else, though.
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ta for the condescension, there. But really, you know nothing about me, the subjects I'm doing, what I want to do or indeed, anything at all about my application.

Thanks to everyone else, though.
sorry - That really wasn't my intended tone. Just saying that most colleges do. Hence the (probably).
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you haven't told us why you want to, what your subjects etc. without that information i think they came to a valid conclusion - have you ever put through a UCAS application? No. Have your sixth form? Yes, many. I'd say go with experience every time.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise