Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So my background is electrical and Electronic engineering. I ended up working in oil and gas industry(position was almost like a network admin) for 3 years but I am really sick of it because of the oil and gas downturn.

I am thinking of doing a masters degree in cybersecurity / network security. I have two limitations though the course has to be preferably in London and it must start in January 2018.

I applied for the following 3 universities:
    Northumbria University (London) - MSc Cyber Security
    London Metropolitan Uni - Computer Networking and Cybersecurity
    Kingston University - Network and information Security

So I have two questions right now, With my background being Electrical & Electronic engineering, is it realistic trying to find a job as a penetration tester.

Are the universities good enough to land me a job in this field? Which one would you recommend from the above?

Waiting for your replies , Thank you very much 😊

Alex

ReputationRep:
    anything but london met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ex-pert)
    anything but london met
    Any specific reason? I was looking at the modules it doesn't seem too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexpol123)
    Any specific reason? I was looking at the modules it doesn't seem too bad.
    Its the worst uni check on the rankings choose any of the other two

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex! My name is Hannah and I am a London Met graduate. I would highly recommend studying there, as the experienced tutors and the environment you learn in really does help to give you the best start in your career. Not only that, but also 95% of London Met graduates are employed within six months of leaving. Have a look at their courses. Good luck with everything and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by alexpol123)
    Hi guys,

So my background is electrical and Electronic engineering. I ended up working in oil and gas industry(position was almost like a network admin) for 3 years but I am really sick of it because of the oil and gas downturn.

I am thinking of doing a masters degree in cybersecurity / network security. I have two limitations though the course has to be preferably in London and it must start in January 2018.

I applied for the following 3 universities:
    Northumbria University (London) - MSc Cyber Security
    London Metropolitan Uni - Computer Networking and Cybersecurity
    Kingston University - Network and information Security

So I have two questions right now, With my background being Electrical & Electronic engineering, is it realistic trying to find a job as a penetration tester.

Are the universities good enough to land me a job in this field? Which one would you recommend from the above?

Waiting for your replies , Thank you very much 😊

Alex
    Have a look a the modules in detail, the modules that fit with what you want and also the University rankings as well. These should help you in making your choice.

Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.