Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmh)
    I'm struggling to choose between these two for my final choice. These are my stats:
    GCSEs: 6A*, 2A, 2B
    Predicted A levels: AAA (Bio, Chem and Maths)
    UKCAT: 2580 (645), Band 1 SJT

I saw that QM use UCAS tariff points as 50% weighting so was attracted to this as I play a couple of instruments so would have UCAS tariff score of 180 (3 A's, grade 8(M) and grade 7(p) - I also take it you add the highest grade achieved ( and not AS maths as the A-level prediction is higher). But UEA look less at UKCAT so not sure. I feel I have a strong personal statement and reference ( had a lot of work experience and volunteering work)
    Other choices are: Leicester, Liverpool, HYMS (and Manchester for BioMed)
    Would be grateful of advice!!
    I don't think your tariff score and UKCAT combination will be high enough for Queen Mary unfortunately. http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/ that link has combinations that they say is good for them, so you could check that. I think UEA would be a better option though. Liverpool is fine, idk much about HYMS. For Leicester, check their scoring document: https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/me...plying/scoring, if you score at least 55-56, I'd say to go for it. But you're better off asking in the 'Which medical school should I apply to?' sticky thread, because there are people who know a lot more than me lol.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any updates / news from Queen Mary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anson825)
    Has anyone received any updates / news from Queen Mary?
    nopes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.