Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have just started sixth form and I have no friends. I have 2 small classes that are all people I can speak to if they speak to me first and another class where I can’t speak to anyone. I can handle not having lots of friends, I’d rather have a few but I can handle it. That’s all I want is a friend who I can be silly with, tell them how I feel, who will mail me first so I don’t feel like I’m pestering,talk rubbish to them. I want someone who can help me when I’m down and I want to help them equally as much. It’s so hard because everyone at school already has their groups.i can’t talk to people and in and whenever I’m around someone, I feel so tense and like I’m in a bubble. Has anyone got any advice because I don’t thing I’m ever going to have any friends

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself you'll find someone whos just like you

Above comment is so generic smh - here's a piece of advice, try breaking out of your comfort zone and speak to others first. This will make other people feel like they sn speak to you because because trust me you are not the only one in this boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have just started sixth form and I have no friends. I have 2 small classes that are all people I can speak to if they speak to me first and another class where I can’t speak to anyone. I can handle not having lots of friends, I’d rather have a few but I can handle it. That’s all I want is a friend who I can be silly with, tell them how I feel, who will mail me first so I don’t feel like I’m pestering,talk rubbish to them. I want someone who can help me when I’m down and I want to help them equally as much. It’s so hard because everyone at school already has their groups.i can’t talk to people and in and whenever I’m around someone, I feel so tense and like I’m in a bubble. Has anyone got any advice because I don’t thing I’m ever going to have any friends
    I am so sorry you are feeling this way but i can assure you that most students feel that way at the beginning. Just try to make a conversation first, it becomes easier with time. Wishing you all the best with the studies.

It’s just just so because I’m almost 17 and I have no friends, I never go out and haven’t done for years. I have no confidence and I lost the friends that gave me a little Bit if confidence because I’m boring because I’m 99% sure I have quite bad anxiety. I just want to be like other people my age and go out and have fun. I have no one to talk to. The only time I leave my house is to go to school or to see my horse

(Original post by thabs99)
    I am so sorry you are feeling this way but i can assure you that most students feel that way at the beginning. Just try to make a conversation first, it becomes easier with time. Wishing you all the best with the studies.
    Thank you, I just feel like everyone in my year has a friend and I have no one

ReputationRep:
    Try and speak to someone in the first class. You take the same subject, so you could talk about that and share some common ground. Keep trying to talk, "What did you do on the weekend", "do you have a pet" etc. As said previously, most people would be feeling this way. Don't let this affect your stuides, try and get to know a few people and ask them lots of questions. Also always think that you are not the only one. Hope this helps and good luck

It just hurts because I only hadn’t 2friends before and now I only speak to the one sometimes and I haven’t spoken to the other for months and I love them so much and they have forgotten I exist. They helped me though all of school And now it’s hard without them

ReputationRep:
    Aww dear I'll be your friend! PM me

ReputationRep:
    It’s just just so because I’m almost 17 and I have no friends, I never go out and haven’t done for years. I have no confidence and I lost the friends that gave me a little Bit if confidence because I’m boring because I’m 99% sure I have quite bad anxiety. I just want to be like other people my age and go out and have fun. I have no one to talk to. The only time I leave my house is to go to school or to see my horse
    Are you a posh girl who lives in a rural area?

(Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Are you a posh girl who lives in a rural area?
    Yes I live in a rural area but I’m far from posh, don’t see what that would have to do with any of his anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes I live in a rural area but I’m far from posh, don’t see what that would have to do with any of his anyway?
    Your options would be wider if you lived in a major city.

(Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Your options would be wider if you lived in a major city.
    Oh I see, that’s fair enough. Sorry that I was a bit of a b*tch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, that’s fair enough. Sorry that I was a bit of a b*tch
    That's ok. All you can really do is either try to work with the people around you or go it alone until your circumstances improve - life doesn't stay the same forever.

If you just need to satisfy an immediate desire to communicate with people, then join an online community and participate.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh I feel so sorry for yr situation. I'm a year 13 student studying in sixth form as well. I believe that sometimes making friends requires you to take the initiatives to talk to sb. And probably join some school clubs or societies, you might meet sb who is sharing the same interests as you. Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if you want to talk to someone, you can PM me! or we can exchange other social media since i rarely use this website

ReputationRep:
    Going through pretty much the same situation as you Feel free to drop a PM anytime. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.