Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have narrowed it down to these 3 , but can't really decide...

ReputationRep:
    They're all lovely. Wadham is my personal favourite of the three, but my priorities/likes/dislikes will no doubt be different to yours.

So.. what are you looking for in a college? Is there anything you think you'd like to avoid? What subject are you applying for? We can't help you without having an idea of your preferences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    They're all lovely. Wadham is my personal favourite of the three, but my priorities/likes/dislikes will no doubt be different to yours.

So.. what are you looking for in a college? Is there anything you think you'd like to avoid? What subject are you applying for? We can't help you without having an idea of your preferences.
    I like all 3... but I think i will go for Exeter as Balliol gets so many applicants I dont feel confident enough.

I like Exeters location,how old it is. I want to study history.

For me I like old,central,good vegetarian food,more state applicants

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about Wadham in terms of accomodation.
    Balliol is most recognized among the three...

Personally would either go with Balliol or Wadham. Just flip a coin! Head for Balliol Tail for Wadham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by premedmath)
    I've heard good things about Wadham in terms of accomodation.
    Balliol is most recognized among the three...

Personally would either go with Balliol or Wadham. Just flip a coin! Head for Balliol Tail for Wadham!
    Thanks, and does all of Wadham revolve around left wing politics, or is this kinda exaggerated? Right now I think applying to Balliol means I am more likely to be pooled than in Wadham since more apply to Balliol. Wadham I like more than Exeter except the fact that Exeter is older , and the location of Exeter. BUt I prefer Wadham's library,size etc..

ReputationRep:
    Should I not worry about having to live privately for 1 year of accommodation? (usually the 2nd?)

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Balliol over Wadham but as you said the admissions statistics are quite scary. However, there's no point tactically applying so apply somewhere you like the most because if you're good enough you will get pooled anyway. Wadham is a bit too small for me, hence why I prefer balliol. But they're not much different, both are left wing colleges with similar architecture and a central location. I'd personally go for Wadham if you feel comfortable with the fact you're less likely to be pooled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I like all 3... but I think i will go for Exeter as Balliol gets so many applicants I dont feel confident enough.

I like Exeters location,how old it is. I want to study history.

For me I like old,central,good vegetarian food,more state applicants
    If age makes a difference - Balliol is actually the one that was founded first out of the ones you've mentioned, if I remember right. None of them are exactly new though, haha.

The location comment is a bit strange since all three of them are within about 400m of each other, and they're all 'central'. Wadham has the highest proportion of state school students per intake, followed by Balliol, followed by Exeter. All of them have veggie options, but I only have experience of hall food at Wadham, so can't really compare with Balliol or Exeter in that respect.

I wouldn't bother applying tactically to be honest; I'd work out which one you like best, and go for that one. Almost everyone (pooled applicants very much included!) end up adoring the college they're placed in, so it really isn't the end of the world if you apply for the one you like best, don't get into it and end up somewhere else.

Have you visited the colleges yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    If age makes a difference - Balliol is actually the one that was founded first out of the ones you've mentioned, if I remember right. None of them are exactly new though, haha.

The location comment is a bit strange since all three of them are within about 400m of each other, and they're all 'central'. Wadham has the highest proportion of state school students per intake, followed by Balliol, followed by Exeter. All of them have veggie options, but I only have experience of hall food at Wadham, so can't really compare with Balliol or Exeter in that respect.

I wouldn't bother applying tactically to be honest; I'd work out which one you like best, and go for that one. Almost everyone (pooled applicants very much included!) end up adoring the college they're placed in, so it really isn't the end of the world if you apply for the one you like best, don't get into it and end up somewhere else.

Have you visited the colleges yet?
    Visited Exeter and Balliol but not Wadham. Right now I want to apply to Wadham tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Visited Exeter and Balliol but not Wadham. Right now I want to apply to Wadham tho
    :lol: You really are stuck aren't you - seems like you have a different favourite with every post you make!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.