Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    B1286 - Cannibalism Bill 2017, The Rt. Hon. Conceited MP, The Rt. Hon, PetrosAC MP, The Rt. Hon. AfcWimbledon2MP

Cannibalism Bill 2017
    A bill to create provisions for cannibalism in the United Kingdom

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's [King's] most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1. Definitions
    (1) In this bill ‘cannibalism’ shall be defined as the eating of human flesh by another human being.
    (2) In this bill 'autocannibalism' shall be defined as the eating of human flesh by oneself and no other human being.

2. Psychiatric Evaluation
    (1) All individuals wishing to partake in cannibalism must undergo and pass a psychiatric evaluation by a registered psychiatrist;
    (2) an individual is deemed to have passed if the registered psychiatrist determines that they have the capacity to think, reason and understand their own actions;
    (3) the result of individual assessments will be immutable;
    (4) psychiatric evaluations undertaken for the purposes of this Act must be privately funded.

3. Home Office
    (1) The Home Office will be responsible for handling consent applications for cannibalism, keeping record of consent applications for cannibalism and validating legal recognition of cannibalism;
    (2) all individuals wishing to partake in cannibalism must present to the Home Office the result of their psychiatric evaluations and completed consent form overseen by a solicitor;
    (3) once applications are sent and approved by the Home Office, legal recognition of cannibalism is afforded to the individuals in question;
    (4) all individuals wishing to partake in cannibalism must specify the the method(s) of killing within the consent form;
    (5) the Home Office may only permit cannibal activities to individuals that have passed psychiatric evaluations overseen by a solicitor or for any other reason at discretion deemed necessary;
    (6) legal recognition of cannibalism lasts for a period not exceeding 30 days after which individuals must re-apply if cannibal activities have not been undertaken should they want to do so.
    (7) the Secretary of State may, by order, set an application fee applicable to this Act.

4. Cannibalism
    (1) Autocannibalism is not impacted by the provisions of this Act;
    (2) all individuals that are afforded legal recognition of cannibalism must carry out activities in a private setting;
    (3) human flesh cannot be sold;
    (4) cannibal activities performed except as prescribed by this Act shall remain unlawful.

5. Short title, extent, commencement
    (1) This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom.
    (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on 25th December 2017.
    (3) This Act may be cited as the Cannibalism Bill 2017.

Notes
    This bill seeks to expand individual freedoms. Just as there is no offence of cannibalism in UK law, there are no provisions for it - the latter is addressed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What are the potential benefits of this? Why do we as a collective parliament want a society in which we eat people?

ReputationRep:
    This is getting Pythonesque. I expect Tarquin Biscuit Barrel to be an election candidate soon.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Conceited convinced me a while ago to abstain on this.

As well as official DJ it looks like I'm also the party's chief fence sitter, judging by the voting record.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't go far enough, it should be compulsory for people to surrender their bodies upon death to feed the hungry, to believe otherwise would be totally selfish!

ReputationRep:
    Oui oui oui
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This bill does not make provisions for cannibalism because the cannibalism allowed under this bill would be eating the bodies of dead humans which is allowed: the bill does not change anything.

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

Airmed gonna say "ewww" to this one submitted by your own party members?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker

This bill is absurd no sane individual will want to live in a society where humans eat each other. No one will give consent to being eaten and this bill seems to legalise killing people i.e ''murder''.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrell221)
    Again, MHOC is so pointless because you pretenders are so ideologically driven.v

hazzer1998 mention which crap uni you go to again, I dare you.
    Interesting how the first post on your account was on an MHOC bill... someone has an obsession it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Interesting how the first post on your account was on an MHOC bill... someone has an obsession it seems.
    You have more than a 1000 posts here.

ReputationRep:
    You have more than a 1000 posts here.
    I joined the MHOC and have been an active member for over a year after using TSR for other purposes... it took several months from me creating my account to joining the MHOC.

On the other hand; you created your account yesterday and and have spent your time almost exclusively trolling MHOC members - that is an obsession.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

Airmed gonna say "ewww" to this one submitted by your own party members?
    Oh, give over. :lol: Your blatant attempt to bait is boring me now.

My party know my feelings on this. I will be either abstaining or voting nay. Now, please leave me alone. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I joined the MHOC and have been an active member for over a year after using TSR for other purposes... it took several months from me creating my account to joining the MHOC.

On the other hand; you created your account yesterday and and have spent your time almost exclusively trolling MHOC members - that is an obsession.
    Wrong. Literally made 6 posts over a period of 2 days.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Again, MHOC is so pointless because you pretenders are so ideologically driven.v

hazzer1998 mention which crap uni you go to again, I dare you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A firm and principled nay against this nonsense.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I will of course be voting Aye to this bill. I look forward to refuting any actual arguments against.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    What are the potential benefits of this? Why do we as a collective parliament want a society in which we eat people?
    It is not for the state to shape society. As a Liberal, I believe the state shouldn't interfere in activities taken place behind closed doors unless people are being harmed. In this case, if someone is already dead and has consented, nobody is being harmed.

Just like Joe's bill presented yesterday, this isn't a bill that's going to have huge benefits - that much is obvious. But there are no negatives to this. Killing people is still illegal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    It is not for the state to shape society. As a Liberal, I believe the state shouldn't interfere in activities taken place behind closed doors unless people are being harmed. In this case, if someone is already dead and has consented, nobody is being harmed.

Just like Joe's bill presented yesterday, this isn't a bill that's going to have huge benefits - that much is obvious. But there are no negatives to this. Killing people is still illegal.
    What if I eat my wife's arm in her sleep, we decided we wanted to do this and so we both passed the psychiatric tests, we consented before so what stops me? I don't have to eat it then, I passed some tests 12 days ago, there's no food in the house and I need something to eat. Why not do it in the daytime?
    If the person is already dead, why do I have to specify the methods of killing in a consent form?
    What if I change my mind in the 30 days?
    Either as Jacob said, this bill does nothing, or indeed it is highly dangerous.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye. I mean, if there is consent and any actual reason then they will eat the flesh. Personal Freedoms and All.
    In all honesty, if someone told you you can eat them, would you actually say yes?
    That is a question people can have different answers to.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.