Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1286 - Cannibalism Bill 2017 Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh lovely, who doesn't want to be taken to the primitive era of the Earth? Might as well start walking around naked in caves, killing animals and each other with sharpened stones to eat for dinner. Fried fingers for starters, juicy brains for mains, eyeball brûlée for dessert... anyone? Well not everyone can come, got to save some for my 10 wives and 15 children.

Nay.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Rakas. Change my vote to abstain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCFactor)
    Rakas. Change my vote to abstain.
    This is not division there is no need to ask Rakas to change your vote.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh lel. I forgot. What a noob.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Aye.

Airmed gonna say "ewww" to this one submitted by your own party members?
    Cannibalism is not illegal. This bill actually makes it harder to eat people because now you'll have to get a psychological evaluation and be processed by the bureaucracy.

Frankly, it's a dumb bill. Nay.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I will of course be voting Aye to this bill. I look forward to refuting any actual arguments against.
    Could you please refute mine. Which can be summed up with: cannibalism is not illegal. Congratulations on expanding no one's freedom whilst simultaneously creating provisions to normalise something that degrades our entire species.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I will of course be voting Aye to this bill. I look forward to refuting any actual arguments against.
    Like that this bill does nothing except for adding bureaucracy? Wow, amazing, life-changing!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the 2 comments above
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Could you please refute mine. Which can be summed up with: cannibalism is not illegal. Congratulations on expanding no one's freedom whilst simultaneously creating provisions to normalise something that degrades our entire species.
    Surely you should then welcome the addition of psychological assessments? This bill provides a legal framework for consent and assessments - surely that is a positive?

(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Like that this bill does nothing except for adding bureaucracy? Wow, amazing, life-changing!
    For you, perhaps not. We do not claim that this is a major piece of legislation. It is clearly very niche. But we believe it serves a valid purpose.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    For you, perhaps not. We do not claim that this is a major piece of legislation. It is clearly very niche. But we believe it serves a valid purpose.
    It's not life-changing for anyone. It just makes it harder for people to kill someone so that they can eat them. No one was suggesting that, but at least you're admitting this bill basically does nothing.

This bill is totally counterproductive. You claim it expands individual freedoms when it clearly does not. People are more free now than they would be if this bill were to be enacted.

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

I don't give too much of a damn about this beyond being slightly in favour, but it would be a significant moment in MHoC history for this to pass.

ReputationRep:
    This is a pretty ****ed up bill Liberals.

Aye.

ReputationRep:
    Nay.
    There is more than enough actual food for us to eat. If the proposers are hungry then I suggest filing bills to deal with food poverty and food wastage - not trying to make it legal to eat your next door neighbour.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Surely you should then welcome the addition of psychological assessments? This bill provides a legal framework for consent and assessments - surely that is a positive?
    Uhmm, no. Because I don't wish to create a system to facilitate and normalise the consumption of human beings as meat via a ridiculous bureaucracy that no one asked for.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    nay.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This bill has hereby entered a period of cessation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This bill is withdrawn.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.