Urgent!! Provisonal licence help!

Watch
jesswalton888
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, so I had sent my provisional licence off a couple of weeks ago, only for it to return back with my birth certificate declined as it is not enough proof of my indentity. I really need my provional back asap as my driving lesson is booked for early November as i thought i would've had my provisional done and received by then (obviously not). Anyway, my passport is out of date so the only other thing i could use is my national insurance number, however, on my letter that shows my NI number, it shows my old house address as I have just recently moved house. Would this matter? I had a letter from the DVLA claiming that they're only really interested in my NI number, but I'm panicking incase I send my provional off again with my NI number, only for it to be declined 2 weeks after?

Thankyou!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would phone the DVLA directly tomorrow morning and ask them what to do. You'll get a fast answer that way hopefully in time for your first lesson. If not, you have to postpone the lesson.
jesswalton888
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I would phone the DVLA directly tomorrow morning and ask them what to do. You'll get a fast answer that way hopefully in time for your first lesson. If not, you have to postpone the lesson.
Okay good idea, thank you!
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jesswalton888)
Hey guys, so I had sent my provisional licence off a couple of weeks ago, only for it to return back with my birth certificate declined as it is not enough proof of my indentity. I really need my provional back asap as my driving lesson is booked for early November as i thought i would've had my provisional done and received by then (obviously not). Anyway, my passport is out of date so the only other thing i could use is my national insurance number, however, on my letter that shows my NI number, it shows my old house address as I have just recently moved house. Would this matter? I had a letter from the DVLA claiming that they're only really interested in my NI number, but I'm panicking incase I send my provional off again with my NI number, only for it to be declined 2 weeks after?

Thankyou!
Hi there!

This thread should be in the Cars and motoring forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jesswalton888)

Thankyou!
It clearly states that if you're using your birth certificate you must attach additional evidence - your NI letter is sufficient for this.

https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (629)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (787)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (370)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.49%

Watched Threads