Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent!! Provisonal licence help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I had sent my provisional licence off a couple of weeks ago, only for it to return back with my birth certificate declined as it is not enough proof of my indentity. I really need my provional back asap as my driving lesson is booked for early November as i thought i would've had my provisional done and received by then (obviously not). Anyway, my passport is out of date so the only other thing i could use is my national insurance number, however, on my letter that shows my NI number, it shows my old house address as I have just recently moved house. Would this matter? I had a letter from the DVLA claiming that they're only really interested in my NI number, but I'm panicking incase I send my provional off again with my NI number, only for it to be declined 2 weeks after?

Thankyou!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would phone the DVLA directly tomorrow morning and ask them what to do. You'll get a fast answer that way hopefully in time for your first lesson. If not, you have to postpone the lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I would phone the DVLA directly tomorrow morning and ask them what to do. You'll get a fast answer that way hopefully in time for your first lesson. If not, you have to postpone the lesson.
    Okay good idea, thank you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jesswalton888)
    Hey guys, so I had sent my provisional licence off a couple of weeks ago, only for it to return back with my birth certificate declined as it is not enough proof of my indentity. I really need my provional back asap as my driving lesson is booked for early November as i thought i would've had my provisional done and received by then (obviously not). Anyway, my passport is out of date so the only other thing i could use is my national insurance number, however, on my letter that shows my NI number, it shows my old house address as I have just recently moved house. Would this matter? I had a letter from the DVLA claiming that they're only really interested in my NI number, but I'm panicking incase I send my provional off again with my NI number, only for it to be declined 2 weeks after?

Thankyou!
    Hi there!

This thread should be in the Cars and motoring forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jesswalton888)

Thankyou!
    It clearly states that if you're using your birth certificate you must attach additional evidence - your NI letter is sufficient for this.

https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 8, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.