Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I posted this in the megathread but really need an opinion as internal deadline is tomorrow midnight.

My GCSE's are
    4A*
    4A
    1B
    1C

UKCAT
    655 SJT Band 2
    AAA predicted

currently applying for

Southampton BM6
    Bristol
    Brighton
    Hull york

Ive been considering today to apply for liverpool, but i feel most of my choices will be too personal statement heavy, when my UKCAT is actually not that bad- its in 6th decile.

Any Tips or other uni ideas to apply for ASAP are appreciated
    Thanks guys and gals
    Again sorry for double post but im sure you can appreciate its a stressful time

ReputationRep:
    Your UKCAT score is really good don't worry! Honestly, liverpool will really play to your strength as you have good GCSE's. I found this document useful:
    https://www.ukcat.ac.uk/media/1191/u...cat-result.pdf

It shows how the UKCAT is used, hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julian11)
    Your UKCAT score is really good don't worry! Honestly, liverpool will really play to your strength as you have good GCSE's. I found this document useful:
    https://www.ukcat.ac.uk/media/1191/u...cat-result.pdf

It shows how the UKCAT is used, hope it helps
    Thanks, I know it’s good UKCAT score but I still need to apply to my strengths, I’m just worried as most of my choices are very personal statement heavy And don’t play that the strengths to my UKCAT- bear In mind that the bm6 at Southampton is more ps than UKCAT in comparison to yhe bm5.

So by applying to Liverpool I its another ps heavy ish one isn’t it? Would you say that’s my other choices are good? And which one would I leave for liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    Thanks, I know it’s good UKCAT score but I still need to apply to my strengths, I’m just worried as most of my choices are very personal statement heavy And don’t play that the strengths to my UKCAT- bear In mind that the bm6 at Southampton is more ps than UKCAT in comparison to yhe bm5.

So by applying to Liverpool I its another ps heavy ish one isn’t it? Would you say that’s my other choices are good? And which one would I leave for liverpool?
    I'd apply to one of Liverpool or Bristol. Idk, about your other choices, although Southampton don't look at it I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosam00)
    I'd apply to one of Liverpool or Bristol. Idk, about your other choices, although Southampton don't look at it I think.
    Im really at cross roads now, I think I have a good chance of getting into liverpool- But i have no idea which to substitute it for.

Bristol I can get a contextual offer of ABB if i pass interview process
    Southampton BM6
    Hull-York- I can get an extra 15 points due to context to be selected for interview
    Brighton aim to interview 30% of people that satisfy certain requirements and they select them separately from the rest of the cohort.

really unsure which to choose now any advice is appreciated
    thxx

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question as well.
    So I've got 5A*s and 6As at GCSE. UKCAT 737.5 and Band 3. And already done my A-Levels at AAA. Personal statements not bad.
    Definitely going for Newcastle and maybe Glasgow and Sheffield.

Is it worth applying for QMUL as well? Cos my UCAS tariff is only 144 as I have no extra AS-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    Im really at cross roads now, I think I have a good chance of getting into liverpool- But i have no idea which to substitute it for.

Bristol I can get a contextual offer of ABB if i pass interview process
    Southampton BM6
    Hull-York- I can get an extra 15 points due to context to be selected for interview
    Brighton aim to interview 30% of people that satisfy certain requirements and they select them separately from the rest of the cohort.

really unsure which to choose now any advice is appreciated
    thxx
    I'm honestly not sure, I'm applying this year as well, so I'm not completely knowledgable, ask in the mega 'Which Medical School I should apply to' thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milpan99)
    Is it alright if I ask a quick one as well?
    So I've got 5A*s and 6As at GCSE. UKCAT 737.5 and Band 3. And already done my A-Levels at AAA. Personal statements not bad.
    Definitely going for Newcastle and maybe Glasgow and Sheffield.

Is it worth applying for QMUL as well? Cos my UCAS tariff is only 144 as I have no extra AS-Levels.
    I'd advise against it, although your UKCAT is very good, judging from the admissions stats on Barts' website, it won't be able to compensate for your low tariff unfortunately. http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/ Southampton on the other hand would be very good for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise against it, although your UKCAT is very good, judging from the admissions stats on Barts' website, it won't be able to compensate for your low tariff unfortunately. http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/ Southampton on the other hand would be very good for you.

What about Cardiff? Do you think that might be a good option? Because I've already done my A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milpan99)
    What about Cardiff? Do you think that might be a good option? Because I've already done my A-Levels.
    You could see how you score, the cut-off last year was 26/27, if you meet that, you should. However, your UKCAT is so good, you have many other options available to you. Look at Leicester, if you score at leat 56/64, consider it, the higher the better obvs, although Leicester use the SJT score as a virtual MMI station.

ReputationRep:
    You could see how you score, the cut-off last year was 26/27, if you meet that, you should. However, your UKCAT is so good, you have many other options available to you. Look at Leicester, if you score at leat 56/64, consider it, the higher the better obvs, although Leicester use the SJT score as a virtual MMI station.
    Yeah, not too sure about going for a uni that look at SJT too much.
    Newcastle should be fine right?
    It's my second round applying for medicine so I want to make sure I choose right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.