Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many friends would you make in Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if people made a lot of friends in uni because i don't really have friends, mainly just acquaintances. Like are your friends your flatmates? course mates?

ReputationRep:
    I have acquaintances too so far. Both my flatmates and course mates. I'm hoping to become friendly with them more in future. It's my birthday next month so I'm going to see if any of them want to go out for a meal or go shopping or see a film or anything.

I made 5 friends (girls) on my course so far..

ReputationRep:
    but in general, after i finished uni, how many friends will i have?

(Original post by BethElaine)
    How the hell is anyone on here meant to know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethElaine)
    You may have a few friends who are lifelong friends or you'll just have acquaintances who won't bother to contact you and meet with you. That's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    learly days, you will meet people if not this year then next
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've made quite a few so far, although only a handful are on my course, the majority are in my societies and the flats nearby.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, it's been 2-3 weeks depending on when you started. Can hardly expect to have best friends already lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.