Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I start studying after a long break? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,so I barely graduated from school this year and I got accepted in computer engineering. But the university was low class (in terms of degree level) and very far away. I have no issue with it being far but the place was a bit unsafe too. My parents refused to send me there.
    I didn't study much last year. I should try my chance next year,but I feel so broken now. I feel like the world has ended. I feel like my plans are all interrupted and s*cks that I can't enter uni in a young age like 18 anymore. I'm confused and don't know where to start from and...It's all a tragic mess going on in my heart.
    Is there anyway u guys would use for yourself to enjoy studying more and have a strong mentality about starting fresh? How can I start strongly and don't get desperate till the end? Can you share your successful experiences about studying ? Thanks <3
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by HelloLove)
    Hi,so I barely graduated from school this year and I got accepted in computer engineering. But the university was low class (in terms of degree level) and very far away. I have no issue with it being far but the place was a bit unsafe too. My parents refused to send me there.
    I didn't study much last year. I should try my chance next year,but I feel so broken now. I feel like the world has ended. I feel like my plans are all interrupted and s*cks that I can't enter uni in a young age like 18 anymore. I'm confused and don't know where to start from and...It's all a tragic mess going on in my heart.
    Is there anyway u guys would use for yourself to enjoy studying more and have a strong mentality about starting fresh? How can I start strongly and don't get desperate till the end? Can you share your successful experiences about studying ? Thanks <3
    You are being way too dramatic and sorry for yourself. You dont sound as though you are in the UK.

Your parents did right.

You need to decide what you want and take responsibility for your life then commit to some hard work. thats down to you.

Fix a target of what you wish to do in terms of career then realise you only get there by hard work and making your grades. You either want it and will work for it or you will not. Just be consistent, attend all your classes, make good notes, correct what you dont understand and practice exams. Start revising in good time..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.