dude you did the quote wrong.
    its: 'no ketchup, just thauth, raw thauth.'
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    :rofl:

ello m8 ow r u
    I read this in an Aussie accent...

I'm good though. I'm binge watching hilarious video compilations of people acting like fools in public and it gives me constant reassurance that I'm actually sane lol. I won't be watching Rick and Marty though. 😜

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    I read this in an Aussie accent...

I'm good though. I'm binge watching hilarious video compilations of people acting like fools in public and it gives me constant reassurance that I'm actually sane lol. I won't be watching Rick and Marty though. 😜
    Was supposed to be a chav accent, but k

Something amusing about people acting like nutters, isn't there :rofl: Likewise, gave it an honest go but nah man... not my cuppa. Can't stand these kinds of animated sitcoms tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SavrajB)
    ur dad is 44

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SavrajB)
    Lol I actually saw that Fire in the Booth video that your photo attachment is from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrell221)
    Rick and Morty fans are pseudo intellectuals who probably aren't as smart as they think they are. Sure they may have a good understanding of society and grasp of intelligent witty jokes but beyond that they're just annoying. Like seriously, this is totally ridiculous. People were paying $10 for chicken nuggets dipped in the sauce, that's just silly.

Note: Im talking about the hardcore arrogant ones specifically (i.e. the dumbasses who'd start a fight over something like this)
    Don't a lot of shows have some terrible fans?

It's a funny show. I'm sure most people who enjoy it aren't under the impression they're doing something particularly highbrow. It's an animated TV show that they're probably watching on Netflix.

edit: I mean Archer is full of for-the-sake-of-it obscure pop culture references. I'm sure there are people who are really smug about that but the viewership in general doesn't seem to get the same hatred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Was supposed to be a chav accent, but k

Something amusing about people acting like nutters, isn't there :rofl: Likewise, gave it an honest go but nah man... not my cuppa. Can't stand these kinds of animated sitcoms tbh.
    Yes I don't know why I enjoy it so much :teehee:

Like this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-4eAjj5pw. The 2nd clip when he scared the **** out of the cops :mm:

Lol only cartoon I watch is Spongebob and 90s stuff like Daria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)

It's a funny show. I'm sure most people who enjoy it aren't under the impression they're doing something particularly highbrow. It's an animated TV show that they're probably watching on Netflix.

edit: I mean Archer is full of for-the-sake-of-it obscure pop culture references. I'm sure there are people who are really smug about that but the viewership in general doesn't seem to get the same hatred.
    No not really, only a few shows

It's pretty funny im not going to lie. A lot of hardcore fans do enjoy it because they think others won't understand the silly subtleties to it.

Yeah I agree, people who get smug over pop culture references are the worst
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    It's some ****ing sauce what
    Referenced in a TV show with some of the most irritating big fans, who are the people going mad.

1) Rick and Morty makes a lot of "intelligent" *science* jokes - i.e. alternate universes etc. The crowd of pseudo-intellectuals already exists, and is very large. There are millions of people who deify pop science figures like that dark-haired guy and Elon Musk, say how they '****ing love science' and **** when they read pop science online. These people gravitated to Rick and Morty, the series itself didn't turn them into **tards.

2) It is much easier to think you are extremely smart for knowing some pop science than knowing pop culture. And the obscure pop culture they reference in Archer isn't understood by many of the younger viewers, who are always the most annoying parts of any fandom.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      1) Rick and Morty makes a lot of "intelligent" *science* jokes - i.e. alternate universes etc. The crowd of pseudo-intellectuals already exists, and is very large. There are millions of people who deify pop science figures like that dark-haired guy and Elon Musk, say how they '****ing love science' and **** when they read pop science online. These people gravitated to Rick and Morty, the series itself didn't turn them into **tards.

2) It is much easier to think you are extremely smart for knowing some pop science than knowing pop culture. And the obscure pop culture they reference in Archer isn't understood by many of the younger viewers, who are always the most annoying parts of any fandom.
      Yeah, okay, I see what you're saying. I guess it is pretty fun to laugh at those people. I just haven't come across them personally, so I didn't know the fandom had that reputation tbh.

I just haven't come across them personally
        Someone doesn't Reddit.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        Someone doesn't Reddit.
        is reddit better than tsr? i feel like migrating over.

(Original post by HucktheForde)
          is reddit better than tsr? i feel like migrating over.
          There are two Reddits. The default Reddit (composed of the large subreddits you are subscribed to by default), which most people seem to stick to, and which is definitely far worse than TSR; and then there is the rest of Reddit, a Universe of many smaller subreddits (forums) where circlejerks and group-think aren't running amok. The latter is great, the former will make you lose faith in humanity.

TSR moderation is far, far superior to that of almost all the big subreddits. Imagine if you got banned from /Society for posting in /News+CurrentAffairs, for example; or if /News+CurrentAffairs started automatically banning people whose posts included the word 'muslim' in a thread about terrorism.

So yeah, stick to subreddits with <30,000 subscribers, although /r/ukpolitics and other larger non-American subs are also generally good.
          • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Probably are, but as a percentage they're probably lower, nor does the show have the same viewership - annoying Rick and Morty fans are far more prevalent.

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.