Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend really irritates me for no reason? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Before someone says it I know there's always a reason. I just can't find the root cause for this though. A bit of background story. Was hanging out with my groups of friends at uni 3 weeks ago. Then this random guy started to talk to us. He seemed like a nice guy but something was off about him, I just didn't really like him, his vibe annoyed me. He then started hanging out with us ever since. He is honestly a nice guy, offers to help you, gives you free stuff, etc. But lately he is been frickin suffocating me. Keeps calling me his best friend, asks me to hang out everyday, messages me 24/7... He is really clingy and kind of weird too. He once just randomly told me "I love you bro" and like yesterday he said "I dreamed about you last night"...like wtf. He is also really spoiled and pretty overemotional. Of course I am never mean to him or anything, but he really irritates me. I'm trying to figure out why.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he lowkey fancies you :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Does he act like this to your other friends too?

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I would talk to him about it and how you feel. If you are really uncomfortable, just tell him that you don't want to be friends. Either way, it;s best to tell him how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Does his mushroom tip get swole when he sees you? :holmes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Before someone says it I know there's always a reason. I just can't find the root cause for this though. A bit of background story. Was hanging out with my groups of friends at uni 3 weeks ago. Then this random guy started to talk to us. He seemed like a nice guy but something was off about him, I just didn't really like him, his vibe annoyed me. He then started hanging out with us ever since. He is honestly a nice guy, offers to help you, gives you free stuff, etc. But lately he is been frickin suffocating me. Keeps calling me his best friend, asks me to hang out everyday, messages me 24/7... He is really clingy and kind of weird too. He once just randomly told me "I love you bro" and like yesterday he said "I dreamed about you last night"...like wtf. He is also really spoiled and pretty overemotional. Of course I am never mean to him or anything, but he really irritates me. I'm trying to figure out why.
    If you are a dude, then the guy probably likes you and wants more with you.

I dont want to talk out of line, but imagine if this was a chic that was all over your business? People will say that she fancies you.

You should call the dude out to know what his deal is and then you proceed from there.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    Sounds like he lowkey fancies you :curious:
    That's another thing that confuses me. He does and says so many things that are so damn feminine...He does have this gay vibe about him, but I can't say for sure. He sometimes mentioned having a crush on this celebrity girl but idk his behaviour is pretty strange. What should I do anyways? He's a nice person and is really kind, but I just wished he'd let me breath. He thinks we are like bestos and I have no idea why.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he has a crush on you.

ReputationRep:
    lmao y does this remind me of a girl in my sixth form??!/1/!

lmao act dead around him and give him really short replies. He'll give up and run away and find someone else to cling onto.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Does he act like this to your other friends too?
    No, he always low key tells me he doesn't give a **** about them and always calls them funny names and stuff. He obviously trusts me cause he told me that once he avoided one of our common friends, because he doesn't like to be around him
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Does his mushroom tip get swole when he sees you? :holmes:
    Lmao, idk. I don't want to find out if it is tbh

ReputationRep:
    Knock him out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Lmao, idk. I don't want to find out if it is tbh
    MAYNE just tell him to FAWK OUT DA WHEY and give you some space. It’s really that simple.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Savage)
    Knock him out
    Here. Have this rep for making me lol IRL:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    maybe hes gay and fancies you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    lmao y does this remind me of a girl in my sixth form??!/1/!

lmao act dead around him and give him really short replies. He'll give up and run away and find someone else to cling onto.
    thats not nice
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby80)
    If I were you, I would talk to him about it and how you feel. If you are really uncomfortable, just tell him that you don't want to be friends. Either way, it;s best to tell him how you feel.
    That's the thing. I'd be okay with being friends with him as long as he'd be like my other friends and let me fu***ng breath. The fact he is so clingy and acts like I'm his soulmate or some sh** doesn't help either. Idk how to tell him though.

ReputationRep:
    He probably just wants to bum you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    maybe hes gay and fancies you?
    I honestly was starting to think this. But I am not fully convinced. He sometimes vaguely mentions wanting a wife, girlfriend, etc. So I was like ehmm idk. But anyways he irritates me. A few days ago he said his favourite part of the day is talking to me. Like wtf, what did I do for him to say sh** like this?? I just minded my own bussiness and he all the sudden started following me everywhere.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.