Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend really irritates me for no reason? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Just tell him straight that what he does annoys you.
    But then I just look like a huge d***. Cause he looks like the type of guy who might start crying if I say that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I love the names you give those guys lol. It's funny cause he is from Dubai😂😂

F*** doe. Why am I always in those tough situations...I don't like hurting people and this is certainly not my fault as I just minded my own bussiness all this time and he appeared out of nowhere.
    Lmao, I was going to use Ryan next, just to cover all races and split the buck equally. Hmm, is he international? It's difficult, as he's probably quite desperate to make friends. Not only that, but it's odd coming from Dubai where you're Mr Big to the UK where nobody gives a **** about you and you realise "Hey, I have to make the effort now". Except when you have never done that...this happens. If he's not international disregard that.

I would honestly do what I suggested. Don't cut him off completely, you have said he has nice qualities bar this. Just let him know without giving the vibe of coldness, that you find him a little suffocating and he just needs to calm down a bit
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    All I want is to enjoy my free time without being annoyed by this guy 24/7. He frickin invaded my gym time too. Now whenever I go he goes at the same time as me :facepalm:
    I don't wanna have a chat with him about all that. I'm too busy with my work. I just want fricking space.
    You have to have the chat or suffer in silence. Your choice.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Tell him to **** off, block him and don't chat to him when you see him IRL.
    He invaded my friends group too though. The others don't mind him because he barely talks to them...So I can't really just go M.I.A on him bro. It sucks

ReputationRep:
    You should have asked him straight up as to why he was having dreams about you lool . Oh and i love you broxxx 😬
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    But then I just look like a huge d***. Cause he looks like the type of guy who might start crying if I say that...
    Who gives a ****. That's his problem. This dude also sounds hella suspect as everyone else has been saying
    He invaded my friends group too though. The others don't mind him because he barely talks to them...So I can't really just go M.I.A on him bro. It sucks
    Just tell your other friends you don't like him, tell him you don't like him. **** it. Make it awkward and uncomfortable who cares. If the barely talks to them then your friends won't really give a ****. Explain to them why he's been pissing you AWF.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Lmao, I was going to use Ryan next, just to cover all races and split the buck equally. Hmm, is he international? It's difficult, as he's probably quite desperate to make friends. Not only that, but it's odd coming from Dubai where you're Mr Big to the UK where nobody gives a **** about you and you realise "Hey, I have to make the effort now". Except when you have never done that...this happens. If he's not international disregard that.

I would honestly do what I suggested. Don't cut him off completely, you have said he has nice qualities bar this. Just let him know without giving the vibe of coldness, that you find him a little suffocating and he just needs to calm down a bit
    Yeah he is international, he got a scolarship. He told me he came to study here because the job prospects are better than in his country and he wants to be successful. He told me a lot of personal s***. I concluded that he is a spoiled brat from a very rich Arabian family. Despite that, he is geniunely a nice guy. He does try too hard at times, like he offers me free food all the time. He doesn't do that to others though. He has this superior attitude to the rest and kinda low key roasts them to their face also. But yeah I'll try letting him know I need more space. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Mhmmm.....he prob thinks you a cool ass guy or sumfin...I used to do that **** in high school...lucky for me that guy was pretty safe with me being around him and his gang did not mind my presence that much either. If you want him to leave you alone, tell him straight to his face that you don't like him. Plain and simple.

ReputationRep:
    You are very attractive thats why

ReputationRep:
    He's not going to start crying if you simply say 'I'm not comfortable with some of the things you are doing'.

He might be taken aback a bit but he's got to learn he sounds like a total weirdo
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No$feratu)
    You should have asked him straight up as to why he was having dreams about you lool . Oh and i love you broxxx 😬
    What kinda reply would he even give to a question like that. I'd rather not know. I just said "ehm okay..." and changed the subject
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingoreo)
    You are very attractive thats why
    Now that you say that the cheeky cu** did call me handsome once😭
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He's not going to start crying if you simply say 'I'm not comfortable with some of the things you are doing'.

He might be taken aback a bit but he's got to learn he sounds like a total weirdo
    He is very weird. Funny thing is he always calls me weird out of nowhere... Irony much?? When I ask him what makes him say that, he just says "I mean weird in a good way, in an unique way. It's good to be weird, normal is boring". The f*** is that supposed to mean?! But yeah you're right. Think I'll actually use those exact same words you said. They are good, not too rude. Thanks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Who gives a ****. That's his problem. This dude also sounds hella suspect as everyone else has been saying

Just tell your other friends you don't like him, tell him you don't like him. **** it. Make it awkward and uncomfortable who cares. If the barely talks to them then your friends won't really give a ****. Explain to them why he's been pissing you AWF.
    He sounds like he likes dem mushroom tips😂😂 Fml. I'll see man, it's really not that easy. We added him in the group chat and everything. Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    He is very weird. Funny thing is he always calls me weird out of nowhere... Irony much?? When I ask him what makes him say that, he just says "I mean weird in a good way, in an unique way. It's good to be weird, normal is boring". The f*** is that supposed to mean?! But yeah you're right. Think I'll actually use those exact same words you said. They are good, not too rude. Thanks
    Possible autism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    lmao y does this remind me of a girl in my sixth form??!/1/!

lmao act dead around him and give him really short replies. He'll give up and run away and find someone else to cling onto.
    Before someone says it I know there's always a reason. I just can't find the root cause for this though. A bit of background story. Was hanging out with my groups of friends at uni 3 weeks ago. Then this random guy started to talk to us. He seemed like a nice guy but something was off about him, I just didn't really like him, his vibe annoyed me. He then started hanging out with us ever since. He is honestly a nice guy, offers to help you, gives you free stuff, etc. But lately he is been frickin suffocating me. Keeps calling me his best friend, asks me to hang out everyday, messages me 24/7... He is really clingy and kind of weird too. He once just randomly told me "I love you bro" and like yesterday he said "I dreamed about you last night"...like wtf. He is also really spoiled and pretty overemotional. Of course I am never mean to him or anything, but he really irritates me. I'm trying to figure out why.
    I've had the exact same problem as you tbh; a really clingy friend bit it wasn't to the extent of her having emotions, but she did text 24/7 and would get super emotional over the smallest things.
    Idk with this guy; but I really doubt giving him short replies or even airing him would work; because I've tried that and even got my best friend to tell her in the most polite way to leave me alone yet she wouldn't get the point.
    I've just blocked her on all social media and although she does try to start conversation at college I completely blank her.
    Good luck tho; I've been through this and I know how annoying it can be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai's Wife)
    I've had the exact same problem as you tbh; a really clingy friend bit it wasn't to the extent of her having emotions, but she did text 24/7 and would get super emotional over the smallest things.
    Idk with this guy; but I really doubt giving him short replies or even airing him would work; because I've tried that and even got my best friend to tell her in the most polite way to leave me alone yet she wouldn't get the point.
    I've just blocked her on all social media and although she does try to start conversation at college I completely blank her.
    Good luck tho; I've been through this and I know how annoying it can be
    hi fatima bby. lmao the girl smiles at me too much during biology like what part of biology makes you feel this way. i am scared man
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Possible autism
    Wouldn't surprise me. He likes to quote those sayings, you know, the types you find on google images and are cringy af? Yeah those... He says them as they're some long lost wisdom. But in reality it sounds like a 10 year old who just made a tumblr account. He was telling me he Skyped his mum while she told him she was just about to call him at that moment as well. He then said "I guess it's true what they say. Beloved hearts are always next to each other".
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    hi fatima bby. lmao the girl smiles at me too much during biology like what part of biology makes you feel this way. i am scared man
    I can totally relate to you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.