Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend really irritates me for no reason? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai's Wife)
    I've had the exact same problem as you tbh; a really clingy friend bit it wasn't to the extent of her having emotions, but she did text 24/7 and would get super emotional over the smallest things.
    Idk with this guy; but I really doubt giving him short replies or even airing him would work; because I've tried that and even got my best friend to tell her in the most polite way to leave me alone yet she wouldn't get the point.
    I've just blocked her on all social media and although she does try to start conversation at college I completely blank her.
    Good luck tho; I've been through this and I know how annoying it can be
    Thanks. It just sucks cause I made some awesome friends in uni. We were all getting along well having a good time. Then this guy's comes around and ruins my internal mood. I feel so irritated by his presence. And now that I know his personality it's even more annoying. He's just an irritating guy.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he wants some burrito, there's nothing to feel shameful about it. (soz, I had to)

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Maybe, it's just confusing because he has this gay vibe but confidently speaks of wanting girls sometimes. He is sexually ambiguous.
    But in all honesty what if he does it as a joke? It's easy to say homosexual things as a joke because he knows you're chill about it as opposed to the other friends and there's no way you know for sure he dreamt about you. He could just be all talk unless you find out he's had some history with this gay stuff with his old friends and now he's putting it on you.

If it pisses you off, confront him about it privately.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManLike007)
    Perhaps he wants some burrito, there's nothing to feel shameful about it. (soz, I had to)

But in all honesty what if he does it as a joke? It's easy to say homosexual things as a joke because he knows you're chill about it as opposed to the other friends and there's no way you know for sure he dreamt about you. He could just be all talk unless you find out he's had some history with this gay stuff with his old friends and now he's putting it on you.

If it pisses you off, confront him about it privately.
    No man, I'm pretty certain he was serious. He then proceeded to say "We were roommates. It was tons of fun". He does make jokes... about lecturers and their names. But with this sh** he just says it casually as conversation. Idk why the heck he picked me out of all the thousands of students he could go and annoy...He said his favourite part of the day is seeing me. I also know for sure he likes that I am an open minded person, cause he told me. He says a lot of this sh** which objectively speaking is quite kind to say to someone... but let's not forget in this case it's gay af! Nothing wrong with gay people, it's just that I don't float that way

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't surprise me. He likes to quote those sayings, you know, the types you find on google images and are cringy af? Yeah those... He says them as they're some long lost wisdom. But in reality it sounds like a 10 year old who just made a tumblr account. He was telling me he Skyped his mum while she told him she was just about to call him at that moment as well. He then said "I guess it's true what they say. Beloved hearts are always next to each other".
    Wtf
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Wtf
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like he likes dem mushroom tips😂😂 Fml. I'll see man, it's really not that easy. We added him in the group chat and everything. Thanks though
    for real :lol:
    No problem mayne. Also you could make a new group chat without him

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It just sucks cause I made some awesome friends in uni. We were all getting along well having a good time. Then this guy's comes around and ruins my internal mood. I feel so irritated by his presence. And now that I know his personality it's even more annoying. He's just an irritating guy.
    these kind of people hurt my soul. Even if you tell them they're annoying they won't get the gist and continue being annoying like what?!?!

ReputationRep:
    if he's religious, you should pretend to have joined a satanic cult and start whispering demonic scriptures in latin whenever he's near

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    hi fatima bby. lmao the girl smiles at me too much during biology like what part of biology makes you feel this way. i am scared man
    Heyyy b ❤️
    That was me
    In lessons I'd tkae in nothing at all coz she would be talking to me. 24/7 no matter how many times I tell her to be quite; she wouldn't and then at lunch breaks she'd start crying coz I "was being mean to her"
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    then at lunch breaks she'd start crying coz I "was being mean to her"
    I can imagine this will be the reaction of the guy as well...Why do people like this exist😭
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saharan_skies)
    if he's religious, you should pretend to have joined a satanic cult and start whispering demonic scriptures in latin whenever he's near
    He's muslim
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    these kind of people hurt my soul. Even if you tell them they're annoying they won't get the gist and continue being annoying like what?!?!
    Ikr! I'll just have to go cold on him. I might start using the "I have to study" excuse 24/7 and maybe he just gives up

ReputationRep:
    I get you man
    The only solution is to just fully air him; if you're with your friends just keep talking to ten without even acknowledging his presence and if you guys are alone have earphones in on full volume and if he tries talking just be like you cba putting the volume down
    It's gonna take time but gradually they start to be less annoying until they fully give up because that's how it is with that girl at college tbh

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy b ❤️
    That was me
    In lessons I'd tkae in nothing at all coz she would be talking to me. 24/7 no matter how many times I tell her to be quite; she wouldn't and then at lunch breaks she'd start crying coz I "was being mean to her"
    ugh i'm not one to be mean in real life but if this girl ever cries because she notices that i roll my eyes every time she speaks then i'm migrating to another sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr! I'll just have to go cold on him. I might start using the "I have to study" excuse 24/7 and maybe he just gives up
    nahh imagine he hits you up with the "i'll study with you too" line lolol

ReputationRep:
    If he fancies you and is trying it with you that means you probably gave him gay vibes :laugh:

I think you know pretty well of what’s going on

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine this will be the reaction of the guy as well...Why do people like this exist😭
    Trust me man
    What freaked me out most was that she showed me cuts on her arm and was like "I write your name on my arm so it stops me from cutting and if I were to cut I'm basically cutting you and that upsets me"
    Ngl that **** freaked the f out of me and that's when I started to think that this girl isn't someone I'd want to hang out with
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    If he fancies you and is trying it with you that means you probably gave him gay vibes :laugh:

I think you know pretty well of what’s going on
    Ffs...I do get guys like thar flocking my way without me doing anything and it honestly f**** sucks...I was hanging out with my friends and he just invaded our group. I am really getting annoyed with this guy's sh** and want to figure out a way to get rid of him

ReputationRep:
    ugh i'm not one to be mean in real life but if this girl ever cries because she notices that i roll my eyes every time she speaks then i'm migrating to another sixth form.
    Same; irl I'm actually really nice and it's kinda hard for me to be mean because I get intimidated by my height etc
    So with her it wasn't that easy to fully show her my mean side irl ygm
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    nahh imagine he hits you up with the "i'll study with you too" line lolol
    You know what's sad...I used it on him once and he replied with that😭😭😭

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.