Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend really irritates me for no reason? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Weird indeed. That’s why beating around the bush won’t work, nor will ignoring him hoping that he will go away. A few stern words with a serious face should do the trick, although it could ruin your friendship and ruin his self-esteem, but whatever. If he takes it personally, then thats his problem.
    Read my edit in the previous post😂 And yeah I get you. Guess trying to be nice about it will not solve the problem unfortunately...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Read my edit in the previous post😂 And yeah I get you. Guess trying to be nice about it will not solve the problem unfortunately...
    Yeah I read it lol. Get rid of him.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    It’s happened to me a few times, usually I laugh it off but when I’m with other people it’s embarrassing af. I think being cold with him is the best way, I tend to be warm with most people, it’s just my personality and it’s sent off the wrong signals a few times to both girls and guys which might be the case with you? So being cold will get rid of him. Just take as long as you can to reply (ideally use WhatsApp so he can see you’ve come online and not opened his messages), but more importantly make sure the replies are as boring as possible and push him out/make him feel left out when you’re with your group (That’d make me feel guilty but oh well), just make it clear you don’t care and he’ll leave you alone
    That's good advice thanks, but thing is we sound alike tbh and I would feel guilty doing that cause I'm a friendly guy and warm towards people. But this guy really irritates me. I'll have to be cold though, otherwise I'll never get rid of him. He's very persistent.

ReputationRep:
    He's gay. You're not a bad-looking guy (no homo) and the way he's coming across seems extremely.... homosexual, to say the least.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pidge Gunderson)
    He's gay. You're not a bad-looking guy (no homo) and the way he's coming across seems extremely.... homosexual, to say the least.
    So bascially I need to run far away then. Got it.

It's quite annoying cause whenever he sees me he sits next to me in lectures...How am I gonna escape all this

ReputationRep:
    So bascially I need to run far away then. Got it.

It's quite annoying cause whenever he sees me he sits next to me in lectures...How am I gonna escape all this
    I've had clingy people also and what I did is just be blunt to them. They were girls, but the same thing will work for guys too. Just say flat out, you're only interested in women or something along those lines. Or just casually hint at it in conversation that you could never be in a relationship with a guy.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pidge Gunderson)
    I've had clingy people also and what I did is just be blunt to them. They were girls, but the same thing will work for guys too. Just say flat out, you're only interested in women or something along those lines. Or just casually hint at it in conversation that you could never be in a relationship with a guy.
    I did that already so many times. I asked him "Do you know the actress' name from movie x or y? Just asking cause she's so fu***n hot" and then another time saw a hot girl on campus and said in a joking way "wow look at that girl. Man I'd let her ruin my life". You know what he did in both scenarios? Nothing, just stayed fricking silent...Yet he keeps acting like a weirdo

ReputationRep:
    That's good advice thanks, but thing is we sound alike tbh and I would feel guilty doing that cause I'm a friendly guy and warm towards people. But this guy really irritates me. I'll have to be cold though, otherwise I'll never get rid of him. He's very persistent.
    Good to know i don’t know about you but I like me very much :laugh: I think people overstep the line when they think me being warm means something else and although (I hate to say this) I can be needy, I never harass people, I build my friendships with people so we both enjoy our time together. I think being clingy is almost like harassment if the other person doesn’t enjoy your presence...

My personal space means A LOT to me. I don’t like people calling me more than once unless it’s an emergency, I’ll back when I want. I don’t like people who think I have to reply instantly and I hate people who just always seem to be there and won’t let me be alone like it’s okay to walk past me and just smile, we don’t have to talk. But yeah, anyone getting in my personal space instantly makes me dislike them. Being cold seems tough but when you see it working you’ll be glad for sure

ReputationRep:
    Challenge him to a Greco-Roman Wrestling match
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    Good to know i don’t know about you but I like me very much :laugh: I think people overstep the line when they think me being warm means something else and although (I hate to say this) I can be needy, I never harass people, I build my friendships with people so we both enjoy our time together. I think being clingy is almost like harassment if the other person doesn’t enjoy your presence...

My personal space means A LOT to me. I don’t like people calling me more than once unless it’s an emergency, I’ll back when I want. I don’t like people who think I have to reply instantly and I hate people who just always seem to be there and won’t let me be alone like it’s okay to walk past me and just smile, we don’t have to talk. But yeah, anyone getting in my personal space instantly makes me dislike them. Being cold seems tough but when you see it working you’ll be glad for sure
    PRSOM!

ReputationRep:
    Can you please stop being such an ass, I'd appreciate that thanks. If you had a brain you'd see I can't ask my friends IRL because he is friends with them too. And I'm not a complete a***** trying to hurt this guy. I just want to find a way to get rid of him without hurting him.
    maybe ask your other friends who aren't friends with this guy
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpidgetFinner)
    maybe ask your other friends who aren't friends with this guy
    I guess so...but it would be kind of a weird conversation. What are your thoughts on this btw? Today I just acted pretty cold towards him IRL, but ffs he still left like 10 calls and 8 messages througout the day. All unanswered, this guy just doesn't give up.

ReputationRep:
    I guess so...but it would be kind of a weird conversation. What are your thoughts on this btw? Today I just acted pretty cold towards him IRL, but ffs he still left like 10 calls and 8 messages througout the day. All unanswered, this guy just doesn't give up.
    I haven't read the whole thread but are you sure he is straight lol. just read the OP. what kind of messages?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the whole thread but are you sure he is straight lol. just read the OP. what kind of messages?
    No I have no idea, that's the thing. He seems gay af but sometimes talks of wanting a wife and kids sh**...He's a weird guy, idk maybe he's bi or something. And the messages were all like, "are you okay?" "Let's have lunch together tommorow" "call me when you see this"....Fml. Might just block him and go M.I.A on him next time I see him. It's not that easy though cause each time he sees me he comes and sits next to me in lectures and I'm like trapped in there with him.

ReputationRep:
    No I have no idea, that's the thing. He seems gay af but sometimes talks of wanting a wife and kids sh**...He's a weird guy, idk maybe he's bi or something. And the messages were all like, "are you okay?" "Let's have lunch together tommorow" "call me when you see this"....Fml. Might just block him and go M.I.A on him next time I see him. It's not that easy though cause each time he sees me he comes and sits next to me in lectures and I'm like trapped in there with him.
    did you reply to the messages and call him?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    did you reply to the messages and call him?
    F*** no, I patched him😂

ReputationRep:
    F*** no, I patched him😂
    peak. he'll take the hint soon lol

ReputationRep:
    F*** no, I patched him😂
    Good. This dude sounds hella, HELLA suspect. Like you can probably see mushroom tips in his eyes.

When you see him IRL just say "I don't like you. Leave me the **** alone."
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Good. This dude sounds hella, HELLA suspect. Like you can probably see mushroom tips in his eyes.
    PRSOM made me spit my drink😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM made me spit my drink😂😂😂
    :lol::lol: Looooool it's true though :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.