Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i dont know whether to start now or in JAN Or whenever but i have mocks starting on the 22nd of nov. advice?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    January should be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in the same predicament!
    I think I'm going to start getting in the right habits now rather than revising if ygm, like I'm starting to do work outside of class but not fully revising.
    What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Now
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 too- I have my mocks on November 20 and I am probably gonna revise for them- especially maths lol. I say you deffo should start revising for your mocks particularly the subjects you struggle with. Don't go like hardcore revising for like 4 hours every day. That'll just stress you out for no reason. You should revise only on the weekends like 2 hours on Saturday and 2 on Sunday because on the weekdays you'll probably have homework to do and that initself is a form of revision. Maybe start properly revising for your mocks in the half term holidays because you'll have loads of time then. Like 2 hours each day in the holls. But still remember to have fun! And don't stress yourself out to much.

ReputationRep:
    I did revision the night before most of the exams (though for maths I did quite a few specimen papers beforehand), and I got 8 A*s (which I consider pretty good, though most on here would say it's below average...). My advice is to start revising January at the earliest, but the Easter holidays should be fine. There is lots of time to do revision in lesson time - that's what you will be doing in the majority of your lessons. By the start of the exams you will be so sick of the concepts that have been repeated every lesson that you will just want school to be over and to be free... so keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    Revise for mocks, definitely. Revising for mocks will really put you in a good position because it will cement everything in your mind and by the time you get round to the actual thing then you will have done a lot of the work already- it will be much less stressful. I know because I revised for all mocks and in class assessments other than english lit (we had no mock for this); when it came to revising for the actual thing, literature revision was so much harder and more stressful than anything else.

Revise for like 1-2 hours a day for a couple of weeks before your mocks and you should be fine. Then do bits here and there in January, revise lots in February half term and after than bulk it up until you get to about 4 hours a day around the actual exams. Most important thing is to not stress yourself out, though, which is what you're helping with by revising for mocks.
    Also, this isn't a definitive guide to revision but it worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    I would start revising now, it doesn't have to be for long each day, but as the year goes on, gradually increase the hours that you revise/study for. I regretted not revising earlier (as I'm sure most people would tell you lol) and then I went from panicking a lot to basically giving up during the exam period. Anyway, I've started doing A-levels this year and honestly there's so much do and we're expected to study for 4 hours each week for each subject, so I'd advise getting into the habit early lol (if you're planning to take A-levels that is).

ReputationRep:
    revise for your mocks but start hardcore revision February time ish

ReputationRep:
    I started January!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.