Turn on thread page Beta

Just moved to London for my first job from New York. Advice needed. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I recently moved from New York City to London for my first full time job after I graduated from uni in New York. The experience has been amazing so far: meeting new people, exploring the city, and working with my team. However, I can't help but feel so disconnected at nights. Most of my friends and family are thousands of miles away. I am not in uni anymore, so I can't automatically get a group of friends without trying really hard. The people in my team are three English girls in their late 20s or early 30s, two guys, and a manager. They are nice and intelligent people, but I don't know if I wanna be REALLY close with them as I need to keep it professional. How do I meet more people and find people that I can connect? I would love to meet new people and grab a coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Tinder, gym classes, interest group meets ups and 5 aside soccer teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    Tinder, gym classes, interest group meets ups and 5 aside soccer teams
    Thanks for the advice. Which one would you recommend the most?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vince_M)
    Hello everyone,

I recently moved from New York City to London for my first full time job after I graduated from uni in New York. The experience has been amazing so far: meeting new people, exploring the city, and working with my team. However, I can't help but feel so disconnected at nights. Most of my friends and family are thousands of miles away. I am not in uni anymore, so I can't automatically get a group of friends without trying really hard. The people in my team are three English girls in their late 20s or early 30s, two guys, and a manager. They are nice and intelligent people, but I don't know if I wanna be REALLY close with them as I need to keep it professional. How do I meet more people and find people that I can connect? I would love to meet new people and grab a coffee.
    Now my son i shall introduce you to... Grime.

For without Grime, you shall not Shine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Now my son i shall introduce you to... Grime.

For without Grime, you shall not Shine.
    take him on a pussaaay patrol while ur at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    take him on a pussaaay patrol while ur at it
    What?

ReputationRep:
    What?
    You heard of; J Hus, Kojo Funds, Yxng Bane, MoStacks, Mists, Dave, Lotto Boyz, 67, Section Boyz, Harlem Spartans, Bugzy Malone, Hardy Caprio, JME ???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. Which one would you recommend the most?
    depends on your interests.

Try them all for a month and see which you enjoy the most.

Quite a few sports team, have social events once a month. Great opp to meet friends of friends and expand your social circle.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.