Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do my friends keep leaving me out and stuff? Watch

ReputationRep:
    so I have 2 close friends, lets call then Orange and Apple. I'd say I'm slightly closer to orange than apple, just because I've known her for longer. I'm an introvert, but I still love going out with my friends. Recently, orange and apple keep going out practically every single weekend and I only find out because of social media; i never hear them talking about it at school. They go shopping or to the cinema etc. I feel so left out and excluded and I don't know what I'm doing wrong . I've never confronted them about it because I know they would just get angry and leave me. I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Don’t message them, let them come to you.

In the mean while, try to find better friends.

ReputationRep:
    Orange and Apple have blended to make a smoothie but you're like the straw. They can choose to use you or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Savage)
    Orange and Apple have blended to make a smoothie but you're like the straw. They can choose to use you or not
    lool smart

ReputationRep:
    Confront your friends. Real friends won't get angry instead they will make sure next time you feel included. If they do get angry, honestly just ignore and avoid them for a while. If I feel like I am being excluded, I just go up to someone else that may have been acquaintance with me. Also, since I am shy and don't want to go up to people, I just spend time by myself. Few days later your friends might calm down and realize that they left you out and apologize. If they don't, girl!!! Leave them alone. You deserve much better.

ReputationRep:
    Try confronting them, they're never going to know it's bothering you if you don't say anything. If they give you a reason and it turns out to be a misunderstanding, then awesome, if not the I'd suggest finding new friends - easier said than done obviously, but not impossible. I was in a similar situation where my 'friends' wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there (this was an assumption I made at first then I tested it out by going to the library without telling anyone and seeing if they would ask where I went the next time I saw them, and they didn't). Good luck, I hope you can resolve this issue with your friends

ReputationRep:
    You just need to find better friends tbh.

ReputationRep:
    should I ask them to come out for half term, if they say yes then cool, if not and this keeps continuing then i will confront

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieeliza)
    should I ask them to come out for half term, if they say yes then cool, if not and this keeps continuing then i will confront
    Ask but in a really casual way and judge their responses - are they not bothered? Does it seem like they really want the meet-up or are they just forcing themselves? Interested or not? Fake enthusiasm or not?

Decide what to do next based on how you feel about their responses. If you feel the same attitude is still there I'd just drift away from them.

And remember- it's much better to be alone than to be with bad/fake friends, so don't worry about possibly not having friends for a while. You'll find better ones.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.