The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Royal park flats leeds -postgraduate?

Hello everyone,
I took accomodation offer from university Of leeds . They offered me royal park flats. I am very anxious related to previous bad comments about the place like very noisy and unsafe place.ıs it suitable for postgraduate students and how many people shared the bathroom is There anyone to help me? I
I know of Royal park Flats (I live in the same area), it's on a busy road so may get noisy, but the entirety of Leeds is noisy
I didn't even know Leeds uni owned the flats, but they've been refurbished over the summer so should be nice
In terms of safety, you have a main front door, then the door for the flat, as long as you keep the second door locked you will be fine, its the houses that usually see crime because people don't lock the door behind them
It's only post-grads in there, so the noise from other flats shouldn't be bad, decent 15 minute walk (uphill!!) to uni, plus there's a sainsburys across the road (24 hour one close by too)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
te
Original post by iElvendork
I know of Royal park Flats (I live in the same area), it's on a busy road so may get noisy, but the entirety of Leeds is noisy
I didn't even know Leeds uni owned the flats, but they've been refurbished over the summer so should be nice
In terms of safety, you have a main front door, then the door for the flat, as long as you keep the second door locked you will be fine, its the houses that usually see crime because people don't lock the door behind them
It's only post-grads in there, so the noise from other flats shouldn't be bad, decent 15 minute walk (uphill!!) to uni, plus there's a sainsburys across the road (24 hour one close by too)

Thanks a lot for your response. I am very grateful for that it is really hard to estimate somewhere from comments and limited pictures. Have a nice day :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by iElvendork

I'm sorry but assuring that one is safe for locking the door actually isn't that reassuring. For one, what about when you're on the street? Also, you have to rely on your flatmates being reliable with locking the door behind them, so it's not like you can blame someone who does make the habit of locking the door if someone else didn't.

Quick Reply

Latest